Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is seeking an exceptional & passionate team member to join our Business Operations function. We serve as the strategy + analytics + operational glue that partners with Twilio senior leadership & business leaders to accelerate Twilios growth & operational execution. We are looking for a strong business generalist with experience implementing thoughtful operations & processes, who can break down tough business problems & build trust-based relationships at all levels of the organization.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of leading successful cross-functional projects.
- 4+ years of experience in Process Improvement or business operations, & executing cross functional projects with tech & non-tech teams
- A process thinker & natural problem-solver. You are always thinking about how to make something better end to end, & you think critically about the key metrics that will tell you when you are successful.
- An effective communicator. You provide clear written materials & so-whats, with actionable synthesis & recommendations. You have strong listening skills & you naturally codify & write things down. You deliver pithy, well organized artifacts (presentations, emails, etc) to drive fact-based decision making.
- Analytically precise & detail oriented. You are able to perform & deliver large-scale, consistently trustable, precise & actionable quantitative & qualitative analyses.
- Wear the customers shoes. You think through the customer experience of a process end to end, & focus on resolving pain points for our customers & our employees.
- Highly collaborative, & partner-oriented professionally. Your team-first attitude enables you to easily & effectively work with multiple cross-functional teams. You establish enduring, trust-based relationships with key business partners & stakeholders. You love helping others drive successful business outcomes in their areas of responsibility.
As a Business Operations Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Partner with & support business owners across functions to define & evaluate core processes, identify improvements, define key metrics, & measure outcomes
- DONT SETTLE: Deep dive into metrics to identify root cause, determine improvements, & follow through with action-oriented insights
- BE AN OWNER: Go elbows-deep into the details by conducting interviews with global stakeholders, synthesizing findings, & marrying qualitative insights with supporting data
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Translate recommendations to results by executing on action plans & project/program managing as needed to deliver improvements to our customers
- WRITE IT DOWN: Efficiently & effectively communicate findings / progress to cross-functional teams, senior leadership & broader Twilio organization
- WRITE IT DOWN: Develop & implement key metric report cards for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the progress & performance across all projects
As part of the team working on strategically critical process improvement projects across the Company, you will partner with our most senior leaders & their teams to tackle operational challenges; enable growth & innovation; & drive increased effectiveness, efficiency, & speed.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 889 Winslow Street in Redwood City, CA. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks & drinks, ergonomic desks, monthly All Hands & more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, & can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.