Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing & cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer & other major illnesses. Biofuels & biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, & the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science & synthetic biology will produce sustainable & ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, & magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates & has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, & Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, & the world's most renowned research institutes.
Benchling is building a world-class Professional Services team to drive implementations for our rapidly expanding customer base. Implementation Consultants work with our customers, from small Biotech startups to the largest BioPharmas in the world to develop a deep understanding of their R&D Processes & implement Benchling solutions to meet their needs.
You will leverage your scientific background, project management skills, & product expertise to support successful implementations of the Benchling platform. Implementation Consultants work independently, as well as part of an implementation team who is responsible for all aspects of customer rollouts from requirements analysis & solution design, to configurations, testing, training, & onboarding users onto the system. You will work hand in hand with the research scientists at our customers, & teams throughout Benchling to implement our solutions, & ensure our customers are successful.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Support Benchling implementations leveraging strong project management skills, scientific expertise, & product knowledge. Own workstreams within large implementations, & lead smaller projects end to end.
- Work as part of an implementation team, owning project activities & deliverables for multiple concurrent implementations.
- Participate in requirements & design workshops, perform data modeling & application configuration, develop test plans & guide UAT execution, onboard & train users.
- Understand & document customers' scientific workflows to determine how Benchling can best meet their key business needs.
- Act as a trusted advisor for customers, guiding them through the implementation ensuring they leverage & apply Benchling Best Practices.
- Understand & document customer pain points, advocate for them internally to influence product changes.
- Develop & optimize enterprise training programs including written & video collateral.
- BA/BS or M.Sc. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or similar field.
- At least 2 years of experience in a lab or research setting. You must be able to empathize with scientists & quickly understand complicated scientific concepts.
- At least 1 year of prior Software Implementation or Client Services experience, preferably with a SaaS software company.
- Strong communication skills. You must be able to quickly & effectively connect with a range of stakeholders, including scientists, IT project leads, & executives.
- Self-starter with the ability to be successful in a startup environment.
- Curious, creative, & tenacious. You should be excited to collaborate with customers & other Benchling teammates as a thought partner.
- Ability to travel up to 25% based on customer & project needs.
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity & inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving. Even if you dont meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes & shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree & commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit & develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think & communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Weekly virtual social events, & annual company retreats
- *$1,000 work-from-home stipend
*In following best practices & safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations. To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000 upon commencing employment, & additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.