Manager / Sr. Manager, Marketing Analyics
The Manager, Marketing Analytics will help Zolas marketing team develop new & improve existing frameworks for marketing channel effectiveness as we rapidly scale marketing investment. This role will help bridge acquisition & retention to inform marketing strategy overall.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated record of excellent analytical rigor, leveraging data to drive a business forward & creative problem-solving skills. They will need to be hands on to improve reporting, refine audience segmentation, drive campaign & ad hoc analyses as well as bring an understanding of marketing measurement & attribution skills.
- Create, improve & maintain reports, data models, & dashboards for key marketing stakeholders. Includes setting appropriate KPIs & working with cross-functional partners to build infrastructure to automate or expediate processes
- Help marketing evolve current channel attribution framework
- Improve & refine existing channel forecasting tools in partnership with marketing managers
- Analyze campaign & test results to optimize customer acquisition, retention & revenue
- Create & continuously optimize a holistic customer lifecycle view of our users, & work with CRM team to drive accretive value via marketing program optimizations & cohort analysis
- Help develop & optimize audience communication strategy & target audiences for all tests & customer communications. Incudes supporting campaign execution (e.g. uploading audiences, etc.)
- Act as Looker power user & stakeholder with Data Warehouse team for Marketing
- When needed, help source & manage external vendors & agencies
- 3+ years of experience in online, e-commerce, or performance marketing
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics or a related field (advanced degree a plus)
- Excellent SQL, SAS skills & knowledge in Looker or similar business intelligence software
- Understanding of machine learning, data science, R, Python is a plus
- Working experience in data warehouse technologies
- Experience with third-party web & mobile analytics tools
- High level of critical thinking with ability to synthesize data to drive actionable insights
- Excellent oral & written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical (Data Science/Engineering) & non-technical stakeholders (Marketing/Finance).
- Solid team player who can collaborate cross-functionally as well as with outside vendors
- Intellectually curious with an overall eagerness to learn & contribute in a fast-paced startup environment
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love.
Based in NYC & launched in October 2013, we have quickly become the fastest-growing wedding company in the United States. In 2017 we launched Zola Weddings, a free suite of wedding planning tools including wedding websites, checklist, guest list, & registry, all in one place. We've raised over $140 million in financing, & we're proud to call Thrive Capital, Canvas Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Comcast Ventures, & Goldman Sachs, among others, our investors & partners. Our team brings deep experience from working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites & mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Amazon, Bloomingdales, Gap, J.Crew, Toys R Us, Chloe + Isabel, Yahoo, & Host Committee, among many others.