Cheddar is the leading post-cable news, media, & entertainment company & currently broadcasts two live video news networks: Cheddar, a business news network covering the most innovative executives, founders, products, & technologies transforming our lives & economy; & Cheddar Big News, a fast-paced, young, non-partisan general news & headline news network.
The company broadcasts from the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange, its street level studio in the glass corner of the Sprint Store in the Flatiron Building, WeWork in Los Angeles, & the White House.
Cheddar was founded by Jon Steinberg, President & Chief Operating Officer of BuzzFeed from 2010 to 2014. Its investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Liberty Global, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon, Antenna Group, Ribbit Capital, The New York Stock Exchange, Altice USA, 7 Global Capital, & Denstu Ventures.
About This Role:
Cheddar is looking for a driven Sales Person with a passion for content-driven marketing. Based in New York, this role is responsible for driving new business, managing sold partnerships, & growing accounts. The right candidate must have experience selling & managing branded partnerships on digital platforms & understand the entire sales cycle from RFP through renewal.
This position is well suited to an individual who thrives in a fast-past, dynamic start-up environment. The ideal candidate will bring energy & passion to everything he/she does, & will not be afraid to roll up his/her sleeves to tackle projects both big & small. This is a great opportunity to learn the operational ropes of a fast-growing company while making a direct impact on its success. Cheddars advertising is taking off & we need someone to help us run & scale as it grows.
Cheddars Partnership Team is a unique one-stop-shop for client services. Each Team Member is responsible for the entire client cycle, from inception to completion. Each member is responsible for ideation, sales planning, execution, & completion. There is not task too big or too small for our team.
- Prospect new clients, including the ability to qualify & close new accounts
- Effectively prepare for & manage business meetings
- Strategically & creatively build sales pipeline & maintain a high level of activity
- Act as quarterback on all touchpoints for sold programs: lead client status calls, recap calls, work closely with Cheddar Producers to ensure a seamless delivery & best in class account management
- Effectively work with functional groups such as Sales, Data & Analytics & Content team to optimize campaigns to meet performance objectives
- Proactively monitor campaign performance & delivery goals, escalate delivery issues as necessary
- Track, optimize, & compile campaign analysis & custom recap reports for clients
- Contribute & improve team resources such as sales & process materials
- BA/BS (or equivalent training & experience)
- MUST have 5+ years experience in the digital media industry in client services
- Familiarity with Cheddar content, distribution partners, business model.
- Strong public speaking & presentation skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication ability
- Superior customer service skills
- Highly proficient at Keynote & PPT
- Proven analytical & creative problem-solving skills
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills & ability to prioritize demands & meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive & be highly effective in a fast-paced & fluid environment, as well as situations of ambiguity & uncertainty (Were a startup, come up with an approach to solve the challenge rather than just state it.)
Our Benefits & Culture:
The Cheddar team moves at lightning speed & our employees have the opportunity to make an extraordinary impact. We are growing fast & achieving milestones every day. Our team is direct, relentless, ethical, proactive, & different. All of our full time employees receive a competitive compensation & benefits package, which includes stock options, health, dental, & vision insurance, disability & life insurance, 401K, discounted gym membership, commuter benefits, generous paid leave, drinks & snacks, team events, happy hours, & more.
Cheddar is an equal opportunity employer, & we actively cultivate an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We welcome all candidates & are committed to hiring people with a wide variety of experiences & backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.