25% of the Fortune 50 trust Samasource to deliver secure, high-quality training data & validation for the technology teams driving humanity forward. From self-driving cars to smart hardware, Samasource fuels AI. Founded over a decade ago, were experts in image, video & sensor data annotation & validation for machine learning algorithms in industries including automotive, navigation, AR/VR, biotech, agriculture, manufacturing, & e-commerce. Our staff are driven by a mission to expand opportunity for low-income people through the digital economy, & our social business model has helped lift over 50,000 people out of poverty.
Check us out on the BBC: https://www.samasource.org/bbc-click-feature
We're committed to hiring a high-caliber, hands-on, entrepreneurial-thinker to strategically lead Finance. We're looking for someone who is:
- Analytical: Motivated by substantial, quantifiable revenue, profit-generating results to grow our organization to $100M in 5 years!
- Entrepreneurially-minded: Combination of enterprise FP&A discipline and lean start-up corporate development, financial planning & global/technical accounting oversight capable.
- Mission-driven: It's imperative! The guiding light driving our talented team of social entrepreneurs, technologists, & BPO industry experts is the conviction that "giving work" via technology/AI/ML is the most powerful solution to ending global poverty.
- Enterprise B2B Tech Services client/investor-savvy.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Partner with fellow Samasource executive team members & lead us as our financial advisor.
- Own the company's financial plan including regular updates & adjustments to the financial model & communication of key elements to the management team.
- Drive the quarterly/annual budgeting & planning process, as well as long-range financial planning. Plan for the downside & find opportunities for the upside.
- Complete monthly/quarterly budget vs. actual variance analysis & drive accountability across the company.
- Oversee external firms (accounting/tax/audit) & ensure accuracy & timeliness of the monthly accounting close process.
- Communicate & present our financial results to relevant audiences including company updates, investor updates, board updates & materials.
- Lead strategic analysis of major initiatives & products to assess ROI, Payback Period, etc. Evaluate the risks/rewards & provide the data to enable better business decisions.
- Advise on compensation strategy including equity & bonus planning.
- Optimize cash flow & handle treasury management.
- Assist the sales cycle on price negotiations with large enterprise customers.
- Streamline the billing process, including selection of financial systems that will support billing & financial operations.
- Build & develop the Finance & Accounting Team.
- Embody our core values & uphold our unique mission-driven culture. We value diversity & inclusivity, & encourage team members to be their authentic selves at work.
- Collaborate & share financial best practices. We are continuous learners.
- Deliver meaningful feedback to your teammates. We believe in radical candor & promote active transparency.
- 10+ years of progressive finance leadership experience.
- Experience at a venture-backed SaaS company (ideally post Series B), with Sr. Dir./VP responsibility for financial planning, analysis, accounting, & audited financials & fluent in SaaS metrics.
- Track record as a trusted advisor & business partner - driving business insights, actions, & accountability across departments with a customer service-oriented attitude.
- Accomplished leader & coach - ready to manage & build an all-star team.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Exhibits strong written & oral communication skills & can influence across the organization. You inspire confidence & can garner support for strategic initiatives.
- Adept at change management & defining new processes.
- Experienced in developing & presenting business plans, models, & financial forecasts to management & the investment community.
- Able to select & implement billing & ERP systems.
- Diligent, with an eye for details & strive for accuracy & operational excellence.
- Scrappy, can show your grit, & willing to pitch in where needed.
- Applies good judgment & can maintain confidentiality of sensitive customer data.
- Bonus Points: Previously raised VC financing or assisted with M&A.
Location: This position can be based in our NY office or our San Francisco HQ office.
Compensation & Benefits:
Samasource offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience & a full benefits package, including: medical, dental, & vision insurance, short- & long-term disability insurance, AD&D insurance, employer-matching 401K, generous holiday & vacation policies, sabbaticals, paid disability & baby bonding leave, a monthly gym stipend, & professional development opportunities.