Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are looking for full-time instructors:
Our Web Development Immersive course is a life-changing educational experience where our students learn the skills & mindsets to take on new careers as web developers. We are looking for a lead instructor with strong .Net experience to play a key role on our growing instructional team.
Why teach our Web Development Immersive?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by sharing your love for software development with the next generation of developers, wed love for you to consider joining our team either as an instructor or working with us on building a new curriculum.
We deliver more than just skills training, & are looking for teachers who share our vision for a community of lifelong learners pursuing work that they love. As a full-time teacher for our flagship full-time web development program, you will join us on one of our many campuses to:
- Work closely with one or more co-instructors to guide students through a rigorous, transformational journey towards apprenticeship in software development.
- Become a better leader, & mentor as you learn from veteran instructors & our world-class instructional coaches.
- Inspire & support students as they identify their passions & drive their own continued learning beyond the curriculum.
- Adapt our global curriculum & use it to guide your teaching, building your own lesson plans as needed & contributing back your lessons learned over time.
- Facilitate a safe, supportive, & energetic community that welcomes the various needs & learning styles of your students.
Skills & Qualifications
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, & careers of the newest generation of web developers.
- You have worked in a client facing environment.
- You have at least 3+ years of experience working on a software development team.
- You have working experience in both front-end & back-end development, & are fluent in
- C# & C# OOP
- MVC Framework projects
- Entity Framework
- REACT or AngularJS
Responsibilities & Duties
- As an SME, instructors will need to commit 10 - 20 hours a week to working with us on curriculum/preparing to teach.
- Work closely with two three co-instructors or teaching assistants to provide students with meaningful & prompt feedback on their progress.
- Work alongside GA staff & teaching team to best meet the needs & learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic & collaborative classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of solving user experience design problems.
- Directing Others
- Motivating Others
- Presentation Skills
- Time Management
- Managing Diversity
General Assembly is a licensed school in all states that we operate in, & some states require instructors to be licensed to teach. If hired, you will be required to submit & be approved as an instructor in relevant states. Directions for becoming licensed will be shared with you during onboarding. Licensure requirements vary by state, but you may be required to provide academic transcripts & to answer questions pertaining to moral character, professional conduct, education, & work history. General Assembly will pay for all licensing fees.