fuboTV is the worlds only sports-focused live streaming TV service with top leagues & teams, plus popular shows, movies & news for the entire household. We have 100+ live TV channels, including the FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC & Disney broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMCand thousands of on-demand titles! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including Web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, XBox, smart TV's & Chromecast.
Were rapidly growing in employees, subscribers & our content offerings. Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
fuboTV is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds & traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
About the Role:
fuboTV is looking for exceptional Android Engineers with a passion for crafting simple systems that solve complex problems.
As a Software Engineer on our Android Team, you will develop the heart of the application which is the player. Your day to day job will be adding new features to the player framework & improving existing ones.
We are looking for Software Engineers who care about code quality, uptime, performance, continuous integration & deployment, SOLID design principles, test-driven development, & agile (with a lowercase "a") methodologies.
Our Android tech stack:
- Core library & frameworks: ExoPlayer, OkHttp, Retrofit, RxJava, Kotlin & Java
- Testing: JUnit, Instrumentation test, Espresso, Selenium & we have our own high-level testing tools
- Tools & infrastructure: Android Studio, CI, Static code analyzing, Code Coverage
- Have experience in working on at least one Android mobile applications that have been submitted to Google Play Store.
- Write clean, well-tested code
- Have a strong knowledge of profiling & debugging tools
- Be familiar with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to backend services
- Solid understanding of Android memory management, concurrency, & memory leaks
- Ability to develop flexible & maintainable library & API for clients
Bonus qualifications for this role:
- Understanding how video, audio, & adaptive streams work
- Experienced in ExoPlayer & Chromecast Sender SDK, Android IMA SDK & other Media player frameworks
- Have an application development experience for AndroidTV & FireTV devices
- Have experience with Kotlin
- Understanding packaging protocols HLS & DASH.
- Have experience with DRM systems
- Dynamic client-side ad insertion
Perks & Benefits:
- At fuboTV, you will have the opportunity to personally influence what live media looks like after it goes through its next big transformation
- Professional development courses & learning opportunities
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience & market standards
- Robust benefit package including Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, & commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health & Wellness initiatives
- Unlimited PTO days & regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.
- fuboTV is an e-verified company