Pager delivers a doctor in your family healthcare experience by making it simple for consumers to connect with the trusted experts they need to make the right healthcare decisions. Through AI-enabled technology, Pager brings consumers, nurses, doctors & other members of the care team together through secure chat, voice & video chat, all in one place. We partner with healthcare organizations to deliver seamless, tech-enabled services & solutions for a consumer experience that leads to better decisions, outcomes & healthier lives. Started in 2014 & based in New York City, Pager is led by seasoned technology & healthcare entrepreneurs to redefine the way that consumers interact with their healthcare.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to take our Engineering teams to the next level. This is an ideal opportunity for a leader to work in a high velocity, high impact environment & cultivate a growing team of bright, passionate engineers.
Our growing team is composed of over 35 engineers with diverse backgrounds in mobile, web, backend & machine learning. You will be working with individuals who are very passionate about their craft & share their opinions in healthy debate. Our team includes dedicated engineers located in our New York City HQ & around the world.
- Experience managing 20+ direct & indirect reports within an Engineering department
- 4+ years of Engineering Management experience
- 2+ years of experience managing Management level employees
- Development experience in continuous integration environments (Circle, Jenkins, Travis, etc)
- Extensive experience in cloud-based environments (AWS, Google Engine, etc)
- Comprehensive knowledge of database systems (Postgres, mySQL, Mongo) & backend architecture (microservice, SOA, etc)
- Ability to develop KPIs & metrics for our development efforts
- Demonstrates an understanding of the intersection of engineering, product, & business development
- Previous experience with hiring & building engineering teams
- Familiarity with reiterative processes, following roadmaps & reducing technical debt
- Strategic, independent thinker & mentor
NICE TO HAVES
- 8+ years of real-world development experience
- Start-up experience
- Healthcare experience
- Application security expertise
- Technical degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics, etc.
OUR TECH STACK
- Node.js, Python, Go
- Native iOS & Android
- Vue.js, ember.js
- Mongo, Postgres, Redis
- Jenkins, Docker, AWS, Google Cloud
- Microservice architecture
At Pager, we value diversity & always treat all employees & job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, & talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.