ACVs mission is to build & enable the most trusted & efficient digital marketplaces for buying & selling used vehicles with transparency & comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the worlds best people & the industrys best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit & rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company from day one. ACVs network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation & ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 & Data Services.
What you will do:
The Claims Administrator will report to the Arbitration Manager & primary responsibility will be to resolve differences between the buyer & seller arising from representations the sellers make on an auction. The Claims Administrator will research all issues & recommends final decisions regarding all post auction issues that arise. The Claims Administrator will also perform all duties assigned by the Arbitration Manager. The Claims Administrator must also know, practice & ensure that company policies & procedures in addition to state & federal laws are followed at all times by persons under their jurisdiction.
Claims Administrators must live in Buffalo, NY. They will interview & work remotely until Summer 2021.
- Ensure customers receive prompt, efficient & courteous attention for all contacts & transactions
- Be thoroughly familiar with procedures for handling all aspects of customer service & arbitration
- Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner. Advise management of all serious complaints.
- Resolve arbitration differences in a polite & distinct manner, making sure that each customer is aware of sale regulations.
- Research & recommend options & resolutions to the Arbitration Manager regarding all post auction issues (ex: mechanical repair, transportation costs, etc.)
- Communicates final decisions to both buyer & seller & coordinates the post-auction process (ex. unwinding deals, price negotiation, transportation returns, etc.)
- Coordinates & facilitates all logistics for 3rd part inspections of vehicles & performs proper record keeping
- May perform accounts receivable duties
- Understand & enforce the ACV Arbitration policies & procedures
- Practice & promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude & performance
- Ensure proper follow-through on all directives, bulletins, schedules, & accounting from the Arbitration Manager or designated manager.
- Maintain a good flow of communications with entire team including all management.
- Recommend new customer services & procedures to the Arbitration Manager.
What you will need:
- A minimum of a High School Diploma / GED required.
- College degree in a related field strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years in a customer service / claims role.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of mechanical experience preferred.
- Automotive auction experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to be self-motivated & able to work independently.
- Adapt quickly to shifting priorities & assists others in doing so.
What we will offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each & every Teammate.
- Career development & future growth opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed & empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance & understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.