BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays & in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The Global Distribution leader is responsible for defining & managing the overall distribution go-to-market strategy & business model to meet or exceed performance objectives. This leader will work collaboratively with the geographies, business units & other corporate functions & is accountable for setting objectives, strategies & tactical plans for the effective management of the worldwide distribution business. Key activities include, managing the global distributor landscape (coverage), Architecting the Global Distribution Program to optimize distribution value add & profitability. Creating revenue generating programs (capacity), Distribution enablement, certifications, training, quoting & pricing (capability). Distribution is one of the fastest growing partner segments, represents 35% of Pures business ($500M annually) & is a cornerstone of Pures international business strategy.
- Be the Thought-Leader in creating & driving the global distribution strategies & business for 50 plus worldwide Distributors. Responsibilities include partner empowerment, mid-market acceleration, up market penetration, programs & pricing, emerging markets expansion.
- Architect & implement Pures next generation Distribution & Certification Program
- Execution of partner profitability programs that contribute $40M in Distributor profitability annually.
- Grow strong relationships with Distributors. Be their advocate & be the Voice of Distribution within Pure.
- Develop & monitor the key distribution business metrics to optimize value exchange between Distributors & Pure.
- Building new global & transformational partnerships that extend Pures reach into the market.
- Ensure all functions of the relationship are optimized: sales training, sales meetings, business plans, marketing programs, field engagement, event planning, internal operations, reporting requirements, sales plans, implementation of sales plans.
- Analyze Distributors short-term & long-term business & financial performance to identify areas for improvement, & consulting with the key stakeholders to develop action plans to close any strategic gaps.
- Provide Pure teams with regular feedback on the market place, market trends, business risk, programs effectiveness & Distribution challenges & for proposing innovative solutions & actions plans.
- Work with Marketing to ensure Distributors have optimized Pure marketing plans.
- Collaborate with Sales/Geos on designing the partner coverage & recruitment model.
- Drive the business development of innovative market entry plays & new business models.
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- BS/BA Required. Masters or MBA degree preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of sales strategy/execution experience
- Distribution & International experience required
- Strategic Thinking & Analytic Problem Solving: Ability to break down complex problems in a simplified way, creativity of ideas, innovation
- Business Leadership Skills: Strong, team-oriented leadership skills. Able to frame & confront issues & make tough decisions.
- Communication Skills: Exceptionally strong communicator equally proficient at communicating strategy & execution, with the ability to craft a full range of clear, high-impact communications.
- Influencing & Interpersonal Skills: Able to establish & build close working relationships. Strong personal credibility & mentoring skills. Team-oriented planner & decision-maker. Able to creatively drive alignment
- Proactively review & challenge the status quo
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.