Company Description|Job Description
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fuelled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The role will be responsible for developing & executing against the Merchant Sales & Acquiring strategy in the CIS&SEE region of Visa.
- Establish the strategy for Visa to drive acceptance in both Emerging & Developed Markets.
- Provide thought leadership in markets where non-traditional partners are becoming key to expanding access - Markets across the region with a focus on Ukraine, Uzbekistan & Serbia
- Positioning Visa as the industry leader amongst clients, partners & peers.
- Expanding access by driving the increase of Merchant Sales Volume (MSV) & revenues. (additional acceptance locations, increased Visa usage, & additional processing volume via VisaNet)
- Driving contactless, e-Commerce, QR & new form factor acceptance in CIS&SEE.
- As a member of the CIS&SEE Leadership Team take ownership of score cards revenue & expense targets for CIS&SEE.
- Drive merchant engagement based on Visa 360 values - increasing differentiation for Visa, XB revenue, monetization of Visa Data & Consulting solutions.
- Develop & grow pipeline of merchant co brands in CIS&SEE.
- Engage with & grow Acquirer relationships in CIS&SEE. Driving compliance, sharing of best practices & differentiation for Visa.
- Working closely with country & functional teams to:
- Develop & execute the MS&A strategy & business plans including engagement plans with key merchant groups
- Driving Visa's Scan to Pay Strategy for Acceptance
- Support the execution of Acceptance Strategy for various Government & Strategic Programs.
- Driving critical Expand Access plans for Emerging Markets.
- Engage with the regulator & managing IRF/Pricing & balancing the 4-Party Model
Principle Responsibilities / Key Result Areas:
- Delivery of financial / score card targets for MS&A & CYBS.
- Develop & execute the strategy for growing acceptance in CIS&SEE markets with a focus on emerging markets.
- Establish an engagement model to work closely with key merchant relationships in the market.
- Use forums like the Merchant Advisory Council & Strategic Merchant Congress & eComm Summits to drive value that Visa brings to merchants, acquirers & PSPs/Payment Aggregators.
- Lead the opening of non-traditional segments like Government / Bill Payment / Fast Food / Supermarkets / Utilities / Schools / Healthcare /Fuel where there is no acceptance.
- Be a key influencer in driving the Visa strategy on IRF, Pricing & Compliance for Acquirers - thought leadership on balancing the 4-Party Model.
- Partner with country management on merchant & acceptance related matters while working the Regulators / Central Banks.
- Develop the GTM for acceptance for new / Digital form factors - Scan to Pay / mPOS / e- Commerce
- Thought leadership, planning & implementation of alternative (new to Visa) channels like Aggregators & ISOs for Scan to Pay.
- Play the role of a Functional Expert for Acquiring solutions & best practices.
Decision Making & Complexity
- Key influencer in creating market strategies.
- Decisions impact the P&L, Implementation & achievement of Visa's objectives for CIS&SEE.
- Works independently with guidance in only the more complex situations.
- Must have the maturity to work well within a matrix management approach.
- This position jointly reports to the Head of MS&A, CEMEA & the Group General Manager for CIS&SEE (based in the Kiev office)
- This position will involve frequent interaction with key Visa stakeholders (CCMs, GCM, Functional Heads, Geo LT&CLT), Financial Institutions, Processors, the Central Bank, Acquirers, Merchants, etc.
- Manage a team spread over multiple CIS&SEE offices.
- Strong interpersonal & influencing skills are required to navigate the complexities of a matrix organization.
- Multicultural sensitivity, D&I mindset & leadership skills are essential including the ability to collaborate & work effectively as part of a team.
- Strategic planning, analytical thinking
- Acquiring / Merchant Sales / Acceptance Expertise
- Influencing skills
- Team work & collaboration
- Negotiation Skills
- Payments, product knowledge & expertise
- Ability to understand financial concepts
Professional & Business
- Professional Degree with at least 15 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of Credit & Debit Cards business or related Payments Industry experience
- Financial Transaction processing knowledge
- Excellent communications skills, written & verbal & ability to communicate at all levels within a large organization
- Significant gravitas to be able to represent Visa at industry forums, industry partners & regulators
- Flexibility to travel around the region & internationally as required