WorldRemit-if the media's to be believed, we're the FinTech start-up taking the world by storm - scooping-up awards & more than $140m in funding. Ok... all that is true. But we're so much more. WorldRemit is changing the way people send money to family & friends. We're leading an online revolution & laying to rest old-fashioned money transfers.
The WorldRemit Office in Krakw is currently growing & we are looking for an enthusiasticFront-end Developerto join our Engineering Team to work on creating the UI for our interesting projects.
We are constantly adding new features to our existing applications & creating a brand new applications as well. For example for our customer service team we build an application that will replace our legacy system that allows our customer services to manage transactions. It will involve developing a highly usable UI with React & node which will consume our internal REST API in order to search & display transaction information.
You will be part of a feature team & work closely with our internal UX/design team to translate their designs into reality. You will also be working very closely with backend engineers, from your & other teams, who are developing the APIs & services that pull the information to be used in the applications.
What we looking for?
We are looking for a bright, fresh minded individual to bring a wealth of enthusiasm & different ideas to the table.
You will be someone who likes to:
- constantly evolve techniques through learning
- take initiative when you see an opportunity for improvement
- ask questions & use experience of those around you
- share your knowledge with the rest of the team
- write code so clean, fast & elegant, you fight the urge to hang it on your mantle
- advocate & practice TDD/BDD
You will have high bar for quality, maintainability, scalability, performance, efficiency, security & all the other things that make great software great.
What does a typical week look like?
- Build reusable code & libraries for future use
- Discussing technical solutions & providing innovative new ideas
- Optimize application for maximum speed
- Ensuring browser & platform compatibility
- Strong experience with React/Redux/Node
- Expertise with styling & responsive design techniques
- Server-side rendering
- Experience with progressive enhancement & graceful degradation development
- Hands-on experience building scalable web applications, in particular high frequency & low latency web applications with optimal memory management, performance & scalability as key focus
- Experience with automated JS testing using Karma, Jasmine, Qunit, Mocha, Chai
- Experience integrating with micro-services to produce dynamic pages
- Proficient understanding of REST APIs
- Strong experience with versioning systems such Git / SVN
- Strong understanding of TDD, XP & Agile practices
- Strong understanding of SOLID principles
- A sense of urgency & ownership over the product
- Strong understanding of Continuous Integration & Delivery & tools (Teamcity / OctopusDeploy / Jenkins)
- Proficient with full-stack projects & able to build a minimum working product quickly
- Solid understanding of OOD / OOP
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Azure / AWS
(If you do not possess experience of these technologies within a commercial environment, its essential that you will have trialed & played around with these in your own time i.e. personal projects, Github).
Nice to Haves
- Experience with writing PowerShell scripts
- Experience with distributed micro-service design principles
- Experience with various tech stacks such as .NET / Java
- Experience with relational databases SQL / PostgreSQL / MySQL
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as Redis, MongoDB
- Experience with HATEOS
- An excellent track record of evolving software to be better continuously
- Experience of running code katas & improvement sessions for the team
- Have Open Source projects or other public code contributions that showcase your talent
Other Personal Traits
- Lead by example, by innovating greenfield development as well as evolving existing solutions
- Mentor less-experienced developers