Are you passionate about understanding products & identifying opportunities? Are you entrepreneurial & eager to build your ideas? Do you enjoy digging into metrics & see your work impact the customer & business? Do you love working on different parts of the product & learning lots of different things as a result? Do you care about a customers first experience with the product & reducing churns throughout their lifecycle?
The Area Manager drives Instacart's success alongside our partnered grocery stores by leading a team of Shoppers & Shift Leads to create & maintain the Instacart experience for our customers. You are the face of Instacart to the local retailers in your market!
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead & manage a team of managers who oversee a group of Personal Shoppers to ensure flawless service delivery to our customers daily
- Own efficiency & quality metrics
- Help to drive regional growth through launching new coverage areas & shopper acquisition
- Develop & manage retail partner relationships at the local & regional level
- Problem-solve & troubleshoot daily operational issues, approaching all facets with an analytical, data-driven mindset
- Initiate & lead processes to ensure qualified applicants join our Personal Shopper team
- Support local Operations Managers & regional General Managers on special projects for continued operating efficiency & growth
- Maintain a high Emotional IQ & ability to work with, coach, & manage a diverse workforce
- Provide an operational perspective to teams at HQ including Logistics & Community Operations to ensure best practices & protocols.
- Spend up to 50% of time in the field (at retail locations)
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of formal people management experience
- Background in retail, finance, consulting, operations, or a similar role at a tech company
- Strong communication skills, can effectively communicate at the corporate & retail level
- Ability to interpret data & take a quantitative approach to decision making
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced & self-motivated environment, enjoys autonomy
- Experience guiding creative solutions to complex problems
- High attention to detail & strong execution skills
- Familiarity with the tools of the trade (eg. Excel, Google Drive)
- Strong critical thinking ability in technical & non-technical issues
- Positive attitude & fortitude to work through ever-changing & dynamic operational conditions
Bonus if you
- Have advanced experience with Excel
- Knowledge & experience with SQL and/or Tableau
- Exposure to P&L ownership, finances
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries & one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery & pickup services bringeveryday essentials & fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. & Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional & local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluckeveryone brings something new, different & flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive & neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.