At Pursuit, all employees have the opportunity to make a profound, positive social impact. We are building a dynamic, impactful, ambitious, brilliant, hard-working team to achieve our goals & support our national expansion.
Pursuit is a social impact organization that creates transformation where its needed most. Through our intensive software developer training program, we teach high-need, high-potential adults the technical skills & industry smarts needed to get their first tech jobs, advance in their careers, & become the next generation of leaders in tech. In addition to training & career support, Pursuits innovative operating model combines partnerships with tech companies to retrain their blue-collar workers & social impact investments to re-envision funding for outcomes-based organizations.
Our graduates are hired by leading companies like Pinterest, Kickstarter, LinkedIn, BlackRock, & JPMorgan Chase, & increase their average annual salaries from $18,000 to over $85,000. By connecting talent with opportunity, Pursuit empowers graduates to transform their families, tech companies, & communities across the nation. Read about our work in the New York Times: Income Before: $18,000. After: $85,000. Does Tiny Nonprofit Hold a Key to the Middle Class?
About the Role
The Director of Customer Success will play a pivotal role in driving Pursuits commercial success & funding its mission. Pursuits Partnerships & Business Development (PBD) team is at an exciting inflection point as we build new capabilities, commercialize our product offering, & strengthen an impressive set of corporate, philanthropic, & public sector partnerships.
The Director of Customer Success will design & implement our post-sale product offering in partnership with the VP PBD & Pursuit leadership. The role will be responsible for strategic relationship management, renewals, & upselling as we support our funders, employer partners, & Fellows to accomplish joint partnership objectives.
We want someone with an entrepreneurial mindset - were an early stage startup so were not just looking for someone to run a playbook. We want you to help build it. We are planning to invest in our customer success functions with plans to hire 1-2 team members over the next 12-18 months. This role requires a seasoned & multi-faceted leader who is equally effective conceptualizing our post-sale strategy & implementing/managing the day-to-day execution.
- You are an experienced Customer Success leader who is equal parts strategic & tactical
- You know how to build successful, scalable Customer Success processes & understand what good customer success looks like, iterating until you get it right
- You know how to lead a team, managing towards KPIs & goals,
- You have experience managing & growing multi-million dollar, multi-year enterprise partnerships
- Build & own end to end client experience including onboarding, QBRs, troubleshooting, renewals, upsells, etc.
- Design, build & integrate a world-class customer success function at Pursuit
- Define & optimize post-sale customer journey & customer touchpoints
- Partner with senior Pursuit leaders to refine post-sale products, pricing & delivery model
- Determine how to define customer lifetime value & drive ROI
- Deliver exceptional customer service throughout post-sale process
- Coordinate support for both client companies & Pursuit Fellows to ensure joint success
- Customer onboarding
- Build relationships & work effectively across a diverse set of customers in the private, nonprofit, & public sectors
- Lead renewal & up-sell for assigned accounts
- Define best practices for renewals & up-sells
- Proactively looking for ways to deliver value to key clients
- Collaborate with cross functional internal partners
- Build customer success function & make key hires in first 12-18 months
- Ensure post-sale activities are tracked, measured, & quantified
- Meet & exceed revenue targets
- 8+ years of progressive experience in business development, partnerships and/or sales, with at least 5 years of that experience in a customer success or strategic account management role
- 3+ years experience managing a team
- Deep understanding of post-sales process, including different models for customer success & strategic account management
- Incredible relationship-builder with an ability to engage, connect, & maintain relationships with a wide diversity of individuals (experience with corporate customers required; experience with nonprofit or public sector organizations helpful)
- Strong team player with ability to work across teams to integrate customer success model
- Comfortable & capable with both developing strategies & rolling up your sleeves to execute on them
- Data-driven & results-focused
- Creative, flexible, & solution-oriented; comfortable with early stage environment & dealing with ambiguity
- Extremely motivated & inspired by Pursuits mission
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
Location: Long Island City, NY (Currently fully remote due to coronavirus)
Compensation: In addition to competitive compensation, we are happy to provide employees with a range of benefits. Our offerings include premium health, dental, & vision insurance, flexible paid time off, robust 401k matching, discounted gym memberships, & fun team events.
Our team has a wide range of backgrounds & experiences, & we value the richness that diversity brings to our organization. We welcome new perspectives & affirm that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer.