Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, & is developing programs for recurrence & early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
In this role, you'll be part of a team that is responsible for automating & scaling complex workflows & implementing processes for a state of the art sequencing lab. You will wear multiple hats & support the development of all parts of a state of the art robotics facility. Your customers will be licensed clinical operators; your goal is to use software & automation to help them focus on extensive screening. TheProcess Engineer will be involved in all aspects of assay automation development from concept, requirements definition, & manual assay development to adaptation, optimization, troubleshooting & validation. You will leverage an understanding of molecular biology & biochemistry to troubleshoot analytical & preparative processes. The successful candidate will apply scientific methods & engineering skills to improve the scalability of Guardant Health's sample processing workflows.
As a Automation Process Engineer, you must be collaborative & able to effectively participate in or lead cross functional teams working in a variety of projects. These cross functional teams will explore, develop, optimize, test, & implement robust, scalable solutions for Guardant Health's sample processing workflows with attention to understanding business & user requirements & improving efficiency, throughput, & quality. You will be expected, after training, to understand, & to perform all laboratory procedures needed to process samples with our workflows to support process development & implementation activities. You will also contribute to protocol generation, report writing & presentation preparation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze workflows, identify bottlenecks, & develop solutions to improve efficiency, throughput, cost, & quality
- Contribute to innovation of current & new assays workflows, technologies & processes
- Program, optimize, verify & implement robotic liquid handling workstations & integrated robotic systems
- Leverage an understanding of molecular biology & biochemistry to troubleshoot analytical & preparative processes
- Apply scientific methods & engineering skills to improve the scalability of Guardant Health's sample processing workflows
- Prior, demonstrated experience designing, developing, testing, implementing, & supporting automated sample-processing workflows using a requirements-driven approach in a clinical laboratory or other molecular biology-based laboratory setting.
- Experience with operating & programming liquid handling robotics platforms (Hamilton, TECAN, Beckman, Agilent)
- Demonstrated experience identifying, developing, & implementing workflow improvements that improve laboratory efficiency, throughput, cost, & quality
- A BS degree in engineering or science, preferably in molecular biology, genetics or biochemistry, bioengineering, chemical engineering or a closely-related discipline. An MS with 1+ years of related work experience will also be considered.
- At least 4+ years experience as a process engineer or 2+ years as a process engineer in a life sciences company.
- Familiarity with the full life cycle of automated laboratory processes development, including collecting & documenting requirements, developing concepts, design, documentation, testing/validation, implementing, training, & process monitoring.
- Experience with standard genomic molecular biology techniques such as nucleic acid isolation & purification, DNA/RNA quantitation, fragment analysis, qPCR & next generation sequencing
- Experience communicating & collaborating with internal & external colleagues & customers from diverse scientific, engineering, operational, & regulatory disciplines
- Familiarity with statistical data analysis, monitoring data quality & troubleshooting technical problems
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies up to 20 lbs & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/