CoinDesk is the most influential, trusted media platform for a growing global community engaged in the transformation of the financial system & the emerging crypto economy. Founded in May 2013, the CoinDesk platform provides millions of consumers interested in cryptocurrency assets & blockchain technology with news & insights, podcasts, live streaming TV shows, research reports, live events, & a toolkit of indexes, data, & analytics. CoinDesk hosts the annual Consensus summit event each May, the largest & most important forward-thinking U.S. gathering of stakeholders in the global crypto & blockchain ecosystem, & the anchor event for Blockchain Week NYC. CoinDesk created the original price reference rate known as the Bitcoin Price Index in 2013, which is widely sourced in the media including The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, CNBC, & many others. CoinDesk employs the largest group of world-class, independent journalists dedicated to covering the crypto & blockchain ecosystem. CoinDesk is uniquely positioned to change the digital media business model. Leveraging user-centric, blockchain-enabled incentives & attention measurement tools, we can harness the power to strengthen publisher & audience engagement, enhance privacy, & deliver comprehensive, monetizable data to advertisers & other stakeholders.
CoinDesk is a quickly growing company with incredible ambition. We are all excited to continue on this journey & take pride in the opportunity we have to make a long-lasting impact. We'd love for you to join us if you're willing to take on new challenges & immerse yourself in a world of intelligent, forward-thinking & also, fun humans.
Based in New York City, CoinDesk has over 80 full-time employees worldwide & is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, one of the largest private investors in the industry & a provider of trading & other investment services for that industry.
We are seeking a Marketing Manager who is an expert in CRM & Email Marketing to support the company & marketing departments ambitious goals & growth plans. We are seeking smart, passionate, ambitious, & hardworking team players who share our passion for reimagining the future of money & the emerging crypto economy.
You will be responsible for driving loyalty & engagement across multiple channels such as emails, SMS, on-site, & across various user segments.
This role is critical to our continued growth, ensuring customers are returning more frequently, trying more products, & promoting CoinDesk to others (i.e. you are responsible for a customers loyalty to our brand). This candidate will also be responsible for collecting & analyzing customer data & performance to inform our lifecycle strategy, email metrics, overall user engagement & loyalty, managing customer segmentation to implement best practices, & to analyze & improve the lifetime value of our customers as we evolve our business model.
The ideal candidate is ambitious, collaborative, works well cross-functionally, is customer-driven, analytical, data driven, is flexible & able/willing to execute rapidly, can work independently, & is ready to roll up their sleeves as CoinDesk continues to scale.
Flexibility is key, as your role will undoubtedly change & expand over time as we continue to scale & evolve the business model of CoinDesk, a fast-growing global company in a fast-growing crypto industry space.
- Own & optimize our email programs, ensuring the implementation of email best practices to maximize inbox deliverability, open rates, & success driving customers to engage further with our brand, while maintaining an appropriate cadence
- Work with stakeholders to understand, map out, & analyze user journeys so as to develop marketing programs for different behavioral segments of users
- Identify & develop data-driven, automated marketing tactics that advance customers along their lifecycle, including architecting targeted communications (e.g., email trigger flows, site pop-ups, SMS, push, etc) based on insights; clearly focused on segmentation & deep understanding of customer journeys
- Responsible for developing test strategy & optimization, as well as the day-to-day management & execution of email, SMS, & on-site programs (e.g. includes creating & segmenting lists, setting up A/B & multi-variant tests, & building, scheduling, & deploying campaigns) in order to drive usage & engagement
- Drive a referral program to evangelize loyal users about CoinDesks platform & products, turning them into sources of growth for new users
- Drive enhancements of our communication capabilities around messaging, channels, & targeting/personalization strategies
- Work cross-functionally with our Analytics, Editorial, Sales, & Product teams to generate more known users by optimizing new email newsletter registrations & other lead generation tactics (i.e. referral programs).
- Ensure compliance with GDPR & CCPA, CAN-SPAM, & other regulations on every deliverable
- Define key metrics for success, develop dashboards, monitor & report regularly to leadership
- 3 - 5+ years of professional marketing experience at a media, content, or high-growth tech company in email marketing & analytics
- Cares deeply about customer experience & customer journey, passionate about email & SMS channels
- Experience with segmentation & targeting strategies
- Experience with trigger email & lifecycle programs
- Experience in non-email messaging channels (Push/SMS/Browser Notifications)
- Ability to work cross-functionally with product, engineering, editorial, data science, analytics, research, & design
- Proven track record of delivering complex e-mail programs from inception to delivery at scale
- Strong analytical skills: Familiarity with multivariate testing & able to analyze campaign performance to evolve e-mail strategies
- Comprehensive understanding of email best practices such as subject lines, messaging, dynamic emails, customer segmentation, HTML/CSS, responsive design, & deliverability
- Extreme attention to detail: customer journey logic, audience targeting
- Knowledge of & comfort with a variety of online tools, inclusive of marketing automation platforms, content management systems, CRM, & web analytics.
- Strong interpersonal skills this role will work with multiple business units
- Must be Crypto-curious
- Located in NYC (remote WFH for now until further notice)
- NICE TO HAVE: experience with SailThru, Tableau.
- NICE TO HAVE: Experience with digital currencies, blockchain financial services, fintech, e-commerce, and/or registration or membership models
WHAT WE OFFER
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary & bonus offerings
- Robust Medical, vision, & dental insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Blockchain & Crypto Training Sessions
- We celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, & our new hires!