Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Team:
The operations team at RTR owns the largest cost components of the business - transportation, inventory care & fulfillment labor. This is true of any e-commerce company, but the subscription model introduces added complexity as garments are rented multiple times. This means two way time in transit is critical to customer satisfaction. As a part of the reverse logistics process, returning garments to like-new condition is critical to the ROI of our inventory assets. This requires scaling productive operational processes for traditional e-commerce functions as well as dry cleaning, repairs & other garment care specialties. The operations team at RTR works to deliver the customer mission by delivering on key metrics & innovating through transportation methods, packaging, automation & garment science.
About the Job:
The Senior Manager, Procurement will report to the Director of Garment Science & Quality & work directly with the warehouse fulfillment team. Their core responsibilities will be to own all aspects of supply forecasting & ordering for RTRs two fulfillment centers. This requires partnership with external suppliers, PO/Invoice management & the operational processes related to receiving & using supplies. In this role, they will have the opportunity to build an hourly team & will create & improve processes including receiving & cycle counting.
What Youll Do:
- Analyze data & create metrics; create data visualizations for team meetings; lead weekly & monthly business reviews on key metrics
- Forecast supply usage, ordering & cost in partnership with Finance & Accounting
- Manage & develop best practices for the full PO, invoice & receipt process of all non-inventory receipts for operations
- Manage & develop best practices for supply cycle count & accounting reconciliation
- Manage key vendor relationships to leverage purchasing power. This requires negotiating pricing & contract terms alongside Legal
- Support operations & engineering teams for key projects by research, testing & procuring new supplies
- You have experience creating forecasts & analyzing data sets with multiple variables
- You have experience in leading/collaborating with operations, finance, accounting & engineering teams in the pursuit of delivering KPIs
- You have experience with building, owning & delivering on operating metrics
- You have experience managing hourly associates in receiving and/or cycle count processes
- You have a strong analytical background & the ability to apply that at some level to both readily available data. Strong Excel skills are a must; other data tool skills are a bonus.
- You have the vision to find the answers to complicated operational problems & are relentless in your ability to try new things
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.