Playworks is the leading national nonprofit leveraging the power of play to transform childrens physical & emotional health. Playworks currently serves more than 2,500 schools in 23 U.S. cities, & reaches 1.25 million students directly & through professional training services.
At Playworks we believe in the power of play to bring out the best in every kid. We are changing school climate by leveraging the power of safe, fun, & healthy play at school every day. We create a place for every kid on the playground to feel included, be active, & build valuable social & emotional skills. We partner with schools, districts, & after-school programs to provide a service or mix of services including on-site coaches, professional training for school staff who support recess, & consultative partnerships. At Playworks, we thrive on creating strong & lasting partnerships that promote social & emotional learning in our youth & build capacity with our teachers to strengthen practice & drive impact in our communities.
Heres where you come in:
In the role of Regional Partnerships Director you will be a key leader on the Playworks NJ/NY team & work to cultivate & secure school partnerships, manage strategic relationships & support growth & innovation in the region. You will help schools realize the value of play for their students & will build new relationships with potential district, school & community partners. This position offers an exciting opportunity to make significant impact on the future of play in schools & the lives of children. With close collaboration with the regional Playworks leadership team, you will be responsible for meeting Playworks strategic growth goals for all Playworks services for the region. This position specifically includes a blend of customer cultivation, strategy & outreach for all Playworks services to schools, school districts & other community partners. This is a full-time exempt position that reports to the Executive Director & will be based in NY/NJ with occasional travel within the region. Specifically you will:
- Collaborate with both Playworks national team & the regional leadership team to create & refine an integrated earned revenue strategy for growing Playworks services within the region.
- Serve as a key thought partner with national & local staff, stakeholders & partners to identify opportunities for growth & innovation in the K-12 space
- Identify target market segments, establish impact & financial goals & meet monthly & annual targets
- Manage teams & projects
- Create outreach campaigns focused on developing a strong pipeline of new customers to expand brand awareness in the NY/NJ region
- Nurture relationships with existing customers to strengthen partnerships, secure renewals, generate new leads & explore opportunities to introduce additional Playworks programs & services
- Collaborate with Playworks trainers & Program Director to ensure the successful delivery of quality services, measure impact & strengthen program fidelity
- Convert opportunities & close contracts to meet or exceed financial targets.
- Work closely with the Executive Director & Program Director to increase impact in the schools & districts that are of the highest strategic priority.
- Build relationships with other community organizations, government agencies & funders as appropriate
- Represent Playworks at events, conferences & community gatherings to grow brand recognition, identify opportunities for growth & build relationships with key leaders in the K-12 space
If you're a good fit for this position, you already know most of what this job entails. However, to be sure we're providing a complete picture, here are some details:
- Success in this position will require strong knowledge of the K-12 education space & of effective prospecting strategies for new business while pursuing leads & keeping detailed records within Salesforce.
- You will be successful if you possess excellent organizational & analytical skills & the ability to multitask & meet aggressive deadlines with a track record as an entrepreneurial self-starter.
- The strongest candidate will have the demonstrated ability to maintain poise & demeanor appropriate to portray an image of professionalism as defined by Playworks & possess a documented history of successfully delivering compelling & effective presentations.
Required Skills & Experience
- Passionate commitment to Playworks mission & keen desire to contribute to social impact
- 6-8 years of professional experience with evidence of increasing responsibilities & a strong track record of success
- 3-5 years sales experience with a history of meeting or exceeding annual revenue goals preferably with educators as clients or within the education sector
- Eagerness to learn & represent a growing brand
- Knowledge of Salesforce & Cirrus is preferred. Demonstrated proficiency managing contacts & pipeline in CRM is required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills & communication skills that facilitate customer cultivation & negotiations-in addition to maintaining an open line of communication, you'll demonstrate good phone & email etiquette & have the ability to facilitate small & large group presentations.
- Experience with implementing new business development
- Excellent relationship management, written & verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of youth development principles & practices, especially relating to issues of equity, inclusion & healthy competition within sports & physical activity
- Requires flexibility to readily adapt to a changing environment.
- Comfort with a playful, exuberant & mildly irreverent workplace culture
Compensation & Benefits:
Playworks offers the full package - great benefits, a fun place to work & an opportunity to grow professionally. We offer:
- Competitive nonprofit salary commensurate with experience. This is a full-time exempt position that reports to the Executive Director & will be based in NY/NJ.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k), life insurance, employee funded pre-tax health & child care spending accounts.
- Generous paid time off with paid vacation, sick & holiday leave.
This is a hands-on, creative, playful & fun-loving place to work, all while contributing to the success of our nations youth. So if you're ready to immerse yourself in the education sector, working on a rewarding set of challenges & if you've got the skills, experience, passion, & a team spirit, apply!
- A cover letter describing your interest in Playworks & how your experience has prepared you for this role
- References will be requested
Playworks is changing the way children experience school every day by leveraging the power of safe & healthy play. We create a place for every kid on the playground to feel included, be active, & build valuable social & emotional skills. Our ambitions demand that we invest in recruiting, developing & managing a team that reflects the broad diversity of our communities. Our core values of inclusion, respect, healthy community & healthy play are the foundation of our organization & are infused in all aspects of our work, including recruiting & retaining the best talent we can.
As an equal opportunity program, Playworks encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, gender identity/expression, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability, or any other legally protected basis. Playworks evaluates all candidates on a merit basis.