Tanium is seeking a highly-motivated, proactive attorney to join our team to handle a wide variety of transactions across the companys business. The right person for this position must be a team player who is comfortable operating in a fast-paced, high-growth environment & is able to balance legal risk with business objectives.
What youll do:
- Independently review, analyze, draft & negotiate contracts including:
- Complex partner agreements (e.g., reseller, distribution, in- & out-bound OEM, managed security service provider agreements, NFRs, technology integration agreements, joint marketing agreements)
- Real estate agreements
- Complex procurement agreements that have unique legal challenges (e.g., agreements with SaaS providers, professional services agreements, software license agreements, & other IT outsourcing agreements)
- Manage the contract life cycle process from drafting through post-execution
- Provide legal advice, issue spot & identify risks & proposed solutions during the negotiation process
- Work cross-functionally with sales, finance, tax, marketing, HR, & other internal stakeholders to ensure contract compliance with relevant laws & company policies & risk profile
- Develop & revise template agreements & playbooks to ensure compliance with changes in the law & Taniums business
- Work with outside counsel on international contracting issues
- Work with other team members to improve the efficiency of the contract life cycle & intradepartmental workflows
- Serve as an escalation point for issues from Taniums front-line customer & procurement contracts teams
- Pitch in & help with projects outside of the above on an as-needed basis, providing growth opportunity outside of immediate area of expertise
Were looking for someone with:
- A JD degree
- Admission to the State Bar of California or able to register as in-house counsel
- 4-8 years of relevant experience, including substantive experience in drafting & negotiating complex technology & commercial agreements
- Experience simultaneously driving multiple negotiations, & identifying, prioritizing & resolving key business issues
- Proven & excellent analytic, communication & contract drafting skills
- Experience with international contracts, data privacy & security issues a plus
- Experience working with contract management systems such as Apttus & Coupa helpful
- Demonstrated practical, business-oriented approach to balancing legal/contractual issues with business risk
- Excellent business judgment & critical thinking with a strong work ethic & a high degree of accountability
- Ability to prioritize tasks, think clearly under pressure & meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Team player with an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively & flexibly in a collegial, fast-paced & rapidly changing environment
- Passion for learning new things & taking on new challenges
- Highest integrity & ethical standards
- Growth mindset conducive to tackling challenges outside of your immediate area of responsibility
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees & their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.