SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, & thriving communities on the pulse of what's new, now & next in culture. As one of the worlds most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalogue of music, & an artist services & distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
Founded in 2007, SoundCloud unites artists & fans with over 275m tracks, across 190 countries & supports more than 100,000 independent artists to grow their careers on their own terms by providing them with the most progressive tools & services like monetization, distribution & marketing. Whats next in music is first on SoundCloud.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to join our team!
The Consumer Product team is responsible for maintaining & growing our consumer-facing products, including Soundcloud.com & the SoundCloud app, to drive profitable growth & help identify the next generation of breakout artists. As a part of the Consumer Product organization you will drive vision & strategy for your team within the opportunity space of community & social engagement, connecting fans & creators, possibly enabling new forms for creators to monetize.
In this role, you will work with stakeholders across the organisation; your peers will cover a wide area: designers, user researchers, data scientists, talented engineers, & product managers. Youll also work closely with our music teams, product marketing, creator services & others, based in our New York, London, & Berlin offices.
We are looking for an experienced product manager with a passion for Design & Lean UX, & who is comfortable making decisions in a complex business environment. You are a team player with a keen sense of what helps us build & grow healthy, diverse, & high-performing teams. You are a self starter with a sense of curiosity & a passion for eliciting creativity & innovation within the teams with whom you work.
- Minimum 4 years experience as Product Manager in addition to 2+ years experience working in the tech or music industry in a non-product role.
- You have a good understanding of SoundClouds position in the industry & have opinions about opportunities
- You have strong user empathy & a proven record of shipping consumer-facing products. Ideally you have experience designing growth loops in 2 sided marketplaces/ecosystems
- Outstanding verbal & written communication, as well as a high level of comfort leading workshops & presentations with a diverse group of stakeholders & teams.
- Strong analytical skills are a must. A strong understanding of A/B testing best practices is preferred, & a passion for unpacking qualitative data to drive product strategy is strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, with a proven ability to manage projects & make the right tradeoffs with shifting priorities. You excel at managing your own time & like to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- You excel at creating impactful & actionable documentation. You take pride in creating thorough, impactful, & actionable product requirements documents, post-release analysis, & product decks, etc.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity & open expression are fundamental to our organization. With this foundation, we aim to build a social platform & global community for everyone to create, discover, & share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry & strive to develop an inclusive culture where individual contributions are valued. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group (groups focused on people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, & women). You may also participate in inclusive workshops, contribute to our Cultural Moments series, vote on organizations for the SoundCloud Community funds support, & more!