Cheddar is the leading post-cable news, media, & entertainment company & currently broadcasts two live video news networks: Cheddar, a business news network covering the most innovative executives, founders, products, & technologies transforming our lives & economy; & Cheddar Big News, a fast-paced, young, non-partisan general news & headline news network.
The company broadcasts from the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange, its street level studio in the glass corner of the Sprint Store in the Flatiron Building, WeWork in Los Angeles, & the White House.
Cheddar was founded by Jon Steinberg, President & Chief Operating Officer of BuzzFeed from 2010 to 2014. Its investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Liberty Global, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon, Antenna Group, Ribbit Capital, The New York Stock Exchange, Altice USA, 7 Global Capital, & Denstu Ventures.
About This Role:
Cheddar is looking for a hard working & creative social Video Producer to help us grow our audiences across social video platforms. The ideal candidate is a storyteller at heart - both visually & narratively. You will be responsible for writing compelling scripts & turning them into engaging videos optimized for social platforms. The ideal candidate has experience as a video producer, writer, editor & is used to collaborating across teams to make content that is new, interesting & highly shareable. This role requires you to work on multiple projects at once with the ability to project manage them yourself while never compromising the level of creativity.
- Produce, shoot & edit high quality, long & short-form videos in a wide range of styles in the field & in studio, including documentary pieces, talent focused shoots, graphic videos, etc.
- Generate exciting & informative creative concepts with the production team focusing on stories in the business, finance, tech, innovation, culture, news & science sectors.
- Write treatments & scripts
- Work with on-camera talent & other production staff to craft ideas into engaging & repeatable series & one-off videos.
- Experiment with different formats to create content that will perform well on disparate platforms.
- Cut versions of videos specifically for each major platform we are on in line with eachs best practices.