Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events & critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster & stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI & machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security & PR/communications professionals know & act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets & brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, raised over $570 million from leading venture & growth technology investors, & been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds. Weve received numerous awards & accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the worlds 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 & joining Forbes definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 & 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity & drive on an individual level & live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table & regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun.
Who you are:
You are a highly self-driven, organized & proactive human resources professional with a strong track record in partnering & providing guidance for business teams of all sizes. You are the owner, advisor to the business, & driver of all benefits, immigration, compliance, employee relations, & more. You will build, improve & maintain scalable processes & can quickly pivot from execution to strategy across all People Operations areas.
You understand the importance of a highly satisfied, happy & well-supported workforce. You approach sensitive issues with empathy & authenticity. You demonstrate the critical ability to advocate for employees while also protecting the best interest & business needs of the company.
You love solving problems & serving as a guide to managers & employees. You arent above rolling up your sleeves to be hands-on & can also step back to add high level, balanced perspective. You are excited to work with & provide support to all levels including senior stakeholders & management.
- Partner with business teams to build, manage & execute HR processes & policies
- Own benefits & perks administration & strategy internationally, including open enrollment, renewal, 401K, vendor/broker management, workers compensation, unemployment claims, employment verification, leaves of absence, COBRA, etc.
- Own immigration strategy & processes internationally including H1B, Green Card, Tier 2 General, etc.
- Partner on driving performance management process
- Partner with HR Coordinator to lead HR portion of weekly new hire orientation, educating new employees on benefits, policies, perks & processes
- Own & facilitate employee relations, including leave management (parental, FMLA, disability, etc), performance improvement plans, etc.
- Own compliance & document management processes including compliance reporting, employment letters, company policies, & compliance filing
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of relevant employment laws in all appropriate jurisdictions including staying abreast of new & updated regulations
- Together with the HR Coordinator, serve as point of contact for all employees regarding questions & issues related to company policies & procedures, benefits & immigration
- Oversee all HR systems & infrastructure
- Partner with Recruiting to manage the offer/onboarding process for new candidates, serving as subject matter expert on company policies, benefits & immigration questions
- Continuously drive improvement, scalability & innovation for all HR programs
- Partner with Legal & Finance teams regarding paperwork, payroll, updates & data accuracy
- Manage one HR Coordinator
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field; additional HR certification a plus
- At least 6-8 years of progressive experience in HR including responsibility for employee relations, compliance, immigration & benefit programs
- Experience within high growth & fast paced company environments
- In-depth understanding of employment laws & compliance practices
- Superior attention to detail, organizational skills, project management skills, multitasking abilities, along with excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to act swiftly under pressure & adapt to changing priorities & processes
- Strong sense of urgency, initiative & problem solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple & competing priorities with the utmost professionalism & integrity
- Experience working with HR systems & tools required; BambooHR a plus
- Experience with Google productivity tools, including Docs, Spreadsheets, Gmail, & Calendar
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.