Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Manager to join our Strategy team in our NYC office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
You will report into the Director, Network Strategy.
About the role:
As the Manager - Network Adequacy on our Strategy team, you will be responsible for defining & monitoring the adequacy of Oscars provider networks to ensure we meet regulatory requirements. You will work across a range of cross-functional teams at Oscar to define what a good network looks like, & drive scalable operational processes to build & maintain those networks.
- Work closely with Oscars Legal & Operational Compliance teams to understand & prioritize documented regulatory requirements
- Own the conversion of these requirements into adequacy standards or performance metrics for Oscar to hold ourselves accountable to
- Work with our Insurance Operations team to stand up tools & processes to monitor performance of our networks against these standards. Provide thought partnership on the hierarchy of various data sources
- Work with several teams across the company to ensure compliance with standards - for eg. through additional contracting where necessary
- Create scalable processes to assess the adequacy impacts of potential changes to networks
- Outstanding structured & critical thinking & the ability to distill complex information into frameworks
- Clear ability to work cross-functionally to drive results across a wide range of stakeholders & to stand up tools or processes you need to get your job done
- An ability to form data-driven, concrete answers in a world with imperfect information
- Expert in Excel. Python & SQL are a plus, willingness to learn are a must
- Strong attention to detail & a willingness to get into the weeds
- 3+ years of experience in healthcare or in a legal/regulatory compliance capacity within a different industry
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.