BARK creates products, experiences, & entertainment for dogs & the humans who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids & families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is boundless. We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys & treats to dogs across the world. We use our customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make dogs happier.
We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, & enthusiastic just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes & spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people crazy dog people believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR:
Can you give a pup belly scratches until you get carpal tunnel? Listen to squeaky toys until your ears bleed? BARK is a fast-growing business for people who love, (*ruv) dogs.
Senior software engineers at BarkBox own the design & implementation of new features & improve our current codebase. You are enthusiastic about optimizing large scale operations as well as building intuitive, friendly interfaces. You get a thrill from applying creative problem solving to balance ambitious timelines with technical rigor. You know that the success of the company lies in the strength of the team & you are excited to collaborate & mentor.
You love that the code you deploy results in tails wagging across the country.
- Product Focus: Participate in the ideation & planning of features to set the team up for success. We build to deploy.
- Technical: Build beautiful intuitive user interfaces & build on our backend services to access customer data.
- Feature Delivery: Write well-designed, testable & reliable code as you ship features that make dogs happy & your coworkers too.
- Code Quality: Maintain a highly responsive system by ensuring code quality, stability & scalability. You are pragmatic not dogmatic.
- Leadership: You are someone who people want to work with. It's not only that you have great ideas, it's that you make other people better too.
- You have years of full-stack web-development experience & are open to Ruby on Rails
- You have delivered & maintained production software in a team environment
- You can design data models & optimize queries
- You write tests early & often & enjoy working in a CI/CD environment
- You care about delivering a good customer experience & align your code to that
- You are comfortable with diving in to understand & build on an existing codebase
- You value your own time & others & find solutions to optimize it
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York City. We offer health insurance for you & your family (including canine members!), a 401k, wonderful team lunches, & dogs to pet anytime you wish.