About This Role
WeWork is hiring a front end focused software engineer to work on applications both consumer facing & internal facing. For a passionate & motivated engineer, this is an exciting opportunity to work on a new team establishing best practices & standards. You will be collaborating closely with the designers on the team in building a solution that not only solves the given problem but also delights our users through a beautiful user experience. We are overhauling the current member experience to better connect our members with our spaces (think Internet of things) & each other to help them connect, grow, & ultimately be more successful. Strong communication skills & a desire to be involved in all aspects of the project life-cycle are a must. Strong problem solving skills, thinking outside the box & dealing with ambiguity are skills that we value. We primarily use Vue, React & Angular in our web front end components but we are not dogmatic about it.
You will be working with a team of passionate & motivated engineers in solving some of the most interesting & challenging problems. In our Shanghai office, there are many cross functional teams that are mission based & driven by well defined success metrics. You could help build solutions that connect our members to other members socially & professionally & help build their network. You could be working on a front end application that uses augmented reality, virtual reality to connect our members with our beautifully designed spaces in a way that makes them the most productive. There are teams that work on our sales pipeline & billing platforms - you could help improve our lead generation/ conversion by building intuitive interfaces that guide a potential member to the right building.
- Collaborate closely with the UI/UX Design team during research/ wireframe phase.
- Lead the design, development, testing, & shipping of our member web application.
- Debate, design, & ship new features in an innovative, iterative, & experiment-driven mindset.
- Take a leadership role in scaling & up-leveling front-end development across the organization.
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development.
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or extensive & relevant hands-on experience in software engineering.
- Extensive experience developing in a shared codebase with a large team of engineers.
- Track record of refactoring, architecting, & developing large web applications with automated tests.
- 7+ years of professional experience in software development.
- Deep expertise in React/Redux or Vue or Angular frameworks
- Strong experience with mentoring front-end engineers.
- Strong understanding of backend APIs (REST, JSON, GraphQL).
- Experience & passion for developing on other platforms (backend, mobile, etc).
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of space as a service. From identifying & designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, & enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout & form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ countries & will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.