theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 75 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm is hiring a Branded Content Editor to communicate theSkimms mission to our audience in multiple formats. Reporting to the Managing Editor of Branded Content, youll join our growing branded editorial unit & work closely with the sales team to execute best in class campaigns, writing for theSkimms unique voice across a variety of platforms including our flagship newsletter, web, audio, video & social products. Youll be a guardian of the brands voice & tone while playing a critical role in helping the business develop & execute new branded initiatives.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Brainstorm & execute content for branded partnerships with both upstarts & Fortune 500 companies through pre-sale & post-sale process
- Write & strategize branded content for a variety of platforms, including newsletter, web, audio, & video
- Proactively pitch best-in-class concepts & respond to incoming RFPs
- Partner with the sales team on campaigns & work with affiliate partners to create effective content while maintaining theSkimm's brand & editorial standards
- Write daily content about deals, product recommendations, & occasional product round-ups, continually improving on content formats to drive traffic & sales conversions
WHAT WOULD SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 3-5 years of experience working as a branded content editor or brand creative
- Excellent writer with the ability to write in the voice of a character
- Expert knowledge of media trends & innovation on web, video, social, & audio
- Experience creating content for a variety of client categories including finance, food & bev, entertainment, retail, & beauty
- Passionate about theSkimm & its mission
- A self-starter & a team player
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Being a news junkie
- Experience in media development & strategy
- Experience communicating with standards & practices reps
- Digital video scripting & producing experience
- Strong financial client expertise
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding & recognizing our diverse talents
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- One Medical Membership
- Subsidized family planning & fertility benefits through Carrot Fertility
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine & a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals & drinks during our weekly "Sipn Skimm" all-hands meeting & monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY