Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Member Engagement Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
This is Oscars first member engagement marketing hire for our Small Group audience, which means youll have ample room to define strategy & develop as a leader on the Member Engagement Marketing team. Youll be responsible for setting the strategy for long-term engagement among our small businesses. The employee benefits market is a crowded one, & youll be responsible for cutting through the noise to create unique & personalized engagement strategies for our small group members.
This role requires the experience of someone who has a data-backed point of view & can leverage it to build consensus across large cross-functional teams & get buy-in from senior leaders in the org. Youll partner with the Cigna + Oscar business team, along with Product Marketing, Data, Sales, Design, Concierge, & CRM to translate your breadth of knowledge & ideas into meaningful member engagement.
Youll be part of the larger Member Engagement team, whose goal is to drive engagement with existing members to improve health outcomes, increase member satisfaction, & drive retention.
- Own a multi-year engagement strategy for our Small Group membership. Partner with Product, Product Marketing, Consumer Insights, Sales, & other business stakeholders to own & execute an engagement strategy that includes digital & non-digital tactics.
- Develop strong audience expertise: Youll be the expert on Small Group member segments, defining them, understanding what motivates them, how best to position our products to them, which channels are most effective at driving digital engagement, & when in their lifecycle to communicate with them.
- Partner with product & product marketing to drive data-backed product adoption & support long-term engagement: Youll work together with product marketing to make sure that were engaging our Small Group members in the most effective way, & that our strategy across all products & channels is cohesive & data-backed.
- Coordinate the end to end execution of small group marketing campaigns. Youll be the lead on most Small Group engagement campaigns, so youll be responsible for drafting the concept in a brief, coordinating with our Creative team, conceiving of & executing on the testing strategy with the data team, & partnering with Concierge & Broker Marketing teams to coordinate multi-channel execution.
- Support the strategy & execution of member product & feature launches. Youll identify feedback channels & proactively share Small Group member feedback, experiences, & insights with our organizational partners in product & across the company. Youll use your Small Group audience expertise to partner with product marketing to identify product improvements & execute product & feature launch strategies.
- Ability to speak to your audience. You are known as a concise & effective writer. You are empathetic & tone-conscious. You can put yourself in other peoples shoes & tailor your message to address what they care about, in a language they understand.
- Experience externally representing your organization: Youll be spending time with small business administrators & brokers to drive employee engagement. You know how to build a compelling narrative, iterate frequently, & build rapport with partners to get results.
- Track record of running effective experiments: We never pass up an opportunity to test & learn, whether its how we position a product, which channel we use to message it, or in-product functionality. You have experience running experiments from end-to-end. Most importantly, you know how to incorporate findings from previous experiments into your work.
- Effective consensus-builder, with strong project management skills. We manage complex projects with many stakeholders. You have a data-backed point of view & can use it to keep projects moving forward. You have a demonstrated ability to keep track of many moving pieces, without letting the ball drop. You frequently communicate a projects status & action items to stakeholders, & keep everyone accountable. You are skilled at getting through an impasse & making decisions.
- Curious & well-informed. You take initiative on insights without any prompting & have the pulse of our competitive landscape, along with other digital tools & products. You are eager to uncover & incorporate best-in-class engagement tactics into your strategy.
- Scrappy, resourceful, & a quick study. One of our strengths as a team is the ability to move quickly. Youre confident in your ability to pick up complex concepts, to learn on the job, to independently solve problems, & to figure things out even when there arent explicit instructions.
- Flexible team player. You feel comfortable taking ownership of tasks, but are also an effective collaborator. Youre quick to pitch in when something needs to get doneeven if its not listed in your job description. You arent afraid to ask for support when you need it. Above all: you are mature, open-minded, & kind.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.