Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldnt have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling & vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge $1 trillion in the US alone but the process is inefficient & largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses & make a living doing what theyre great at.
These customers & pros come from all walks of life & every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers & pros.
As a Real Time Analyst, you are a guardian of productivity & a champion of service level management: you think on your feet & are able to make quick & effective decisions for every surge or decline in task volume. You are keen on details & can gather relevant insights from real-time events relating to workforce management. You are able to provide valuable recommendations to the operations teams; thereby contributing to providing pros & customers with a great user experience.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Service Level Management
- Monitors agent statuses in tools/systems
- Adjust skills as necessary
- Add exception codes into workforce software
- Implement the Voluntary Time Off (VTO) & Overtime (OT) processes
- Manage offline activities such as training pullouts & meetings
- Recommend/implement other real-time contingencies/actions needed to address risks to operational success
- Risk Monitoring
- Review & analyze employee schedules & capacity plans
- Monitor & record employee attendance & schedule adherence in real time
- Accept & record employee absence/tardiness advice through different communication channels - e.g. phone, text, chat, & email
- Monitor intra-day (per interval) forecast volume, service level outlook, & expected offline activities
- Coordinate with operations supervisors to resolve attendance & schedule adherence issues
- Monitor external risks to operational success, employee safety, & business continuity (e.g. weather, natural calamities, traffic, etc.)
- Reporting & Analysis
- Process data in spreadsheets with simple formulas to create insightful reports
- Pull data from appropriate systems & transfer to dashboards
- Report operational insights observed from daily real-time monitoring
- Business Continuity Process (BCP) execution
- Implement the queue prioritization process, overtime process, offline activity management as needed
- Initiate the BCP Process as needed
- Activate the Work From Home (WFH) process
- Initiate operations call trees
- Implement other BCP initiatives
- Interface with Operations Management to resolve conflicts between employee requests & business need
- Attend Daily, Weekly, Monthly meetings that fall within shift
- Process data requests from operations relating to agent efficiency & other WFM metrics
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, & we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- At least 2 years of experience in intraday workforce management (Real-time Service Level Management, Schedule Monitoring, Reporting & Analysis, & Shrinkage Control)
- Experience working in the outsourcing, shared services, or similar industry
- Exceptional English communication & interpersonal skills
- Technical Skills
- Extensive hands-on experience with Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Prior experience with Workforce Management tools/software (e.g. TeleOpti, Totalview, IEX, Genesys, etc.)
- Can start in August 2021
- No specific educational requirement but college degree preferred
- Prior experience with TeleOpti WFM, Tableau and/or PowerBI is a plus
- CWPP (Certified Workforce Planning Professional) Certification is a plus
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace one of the largest in the U.S. that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers & make a living doing what theyre great at.
Founded in 2008 & headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners & Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live & work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto & Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.\