Staff/Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers, & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile, & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
About The Role:
Compass Identity Team is building Compass Identity Service as a core, tier-1 system at the center of this platform. Our mission is to provide a seamless sign-up, login, & authentication experience for every user of our growing number of products & web services, including agents, consumers, staff and, eventually, 3rd party developers. Were also developing the foundation of what will become a platform solution for Team Collaboration at Compass. This is a challenging & complex initiative that tackles authorization across a wide range of heterogenous resources & sharing paradigms that agents are accustomed to working with. Operational excellence is required; Security, performance, & availability at scale cant be compromised.Compass Identity Team is building Compass Identity Service as a core, tier-1 system at the center of this platform. Our mission is to provide a seamless sign-up, login, & authentication experience for every user of our growing number of products & web services, including agents, consumers, staff and, eventually, 3rd party developers. As the source of truth for all users on the Compass platform, every one of our applications will depend on the Identity service for authentication & access. Operational excellence is required - security, performance, & availability at scale cant be compromised.
You are a senior full stack engineer who is passionate about creating a fantastic user experience & you feel it is critical that your voice is heard in product & business decisions. You love to learn, & equally love to share your knowledge with others. You are a great communicator & you take care to understand before making yourself understood. You will participate in all aspects of our development & provide expertise on both front & back end.
You are comfortable working on any part of the stack, from making a great interface to debugging our distributed infrastructure. Your code is architected for modularity & re-use. You have strong opinions on code structure & style.
At Compass You Will:
- Build the front door to the Compass platform -- & some core & game-changing tools that come with it
- Work cross functionally with Product & Engineering, IT & Security teams to operate a secure, scalable & performant system
- Flex (or grow) your ReactJS & GoLang muscles with opportunities to implement some Serverless automation as necessary too!
- Join a great team with a lot of visibility & some challenging projects on the horizon
What We're Looking For:
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent
- Track record as a technical leader with cross-team impact
- 6+ years of experience writing complete, well-tested, database-driven web applications
- 6+ years of experience programming in languages like Java, Python, & Go (we use all three here at Compass)
- Experience designing larger systems: particularly web services & RESTful APIs, microservice architectures, & data ingestion with a particular emphasis of industry-standard best practices
- An understanding of the Identity & Access Management space
- In-depth understanding & hands-on experience with PostgreSQL, MongoDB, & Memcached
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, S3, Lambda, & Kinesis
- Experience with Kafka & event-driven systems
- A security-minded engineer. You are familiar with application security vulnerabilities & remediation techniques.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.
Check out our Engineering blog