As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Vox Media is seeking an extraordinarily talented & technically savvy Video Editor to join the video team that creates content for Eater.com.
Directly reporting to the Supervising Producer, the ideal candidate is a highly proficient, technical & organized editor, able to take edits from media management through to audio/color mixing & delivery. Editors with digital media experience & knowledge of audience development/strategy, a major plus. Video Editors at Eater work across many projects & departments; our ideal candidate can balance edits against deadlines & enjoys working on a team of producers & creatives. A passion for food, restaurants, culture, & the people & places in the industry that make it all happen is a major plus.
What youll do:
- Edit 3-4 segments per month: Story, rough, fine cuts, finishing (GFX, animations, mixing audio/color)
- Balance the work of a variety of projects & deadlines while working with different producers & team members
- Read & watch the sites every day & familiarizing themselves with all that Eater does
What youll bring:
- 4+ years of video post-production & editing experience in a professional TV or digital environment
- Ability to juggle multiple edits & projects in a fast-paced setting
- Expert in Adobe Premiere with After Effects, Pro Tools, Photoshop & Illustrator experience
- Incredible organization & media management skills
- Attention to detail & strong communication skills
- Story-producing & development experience, a plus
- Digital Strategy & Audience Development experience, a major plus
- A true team player who brings passion to the table & is innately interested in Eater
- Official Title: Video Editor
- Start Date: ASAP
- Benefits: Full medical/dental/vision insurance goes into effect immediately; 401k plan + match; competitive parental leave
- Vox Vacation Policy: Unlimited
*This role is a part of the Vox Media Union, represented by the Writers Guild of America, East.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Vox Media is dedicated to the health & wellbeing of all of our employees. All employees in our offices are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have an approved religious or medical exemption. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, including submitting to regular COVID-19 testing & wearing a face covering in our offices.
Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, & we will never contact you via text message.