Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
We're looking for a highly experienced, results-driven Marketing expert to lead our Growth Marketing team. This leader & their team will work closely with Strategic Growth (Sales), Product, Engineering & Operations to power growth of Compass revenue via agent recruitment. You will manage a team of Marketers & a focused team of analysts, & content creators that will drive the volume of agents, deliver highly engaged customers into the funnel, lower the cost to recruit & power future expansion into new markets.
The successful candidate must have strong experience in marketing & business strategy with a demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams across the company to drive results. In this role, you will be expected to integrate inbound & outbound demand generation strategies to drive growth & revenue. You have experience in brand & product marketing, GTM campaign development, content marketing, email marketing, multichannel nurture, social media marketing, marketing operations, conversion optimization, media metrics & web analytics, campaign development, & marketing-to-sales SLAs, search engine optimization (SEO), database retargeting & beyond.
Your main stakeholders will be the Compass strategic growth team & expansion teams. You will focus on key results that drive our revenue generation in partnership with Growth team leadership. You will develop a deep understanding of our customers, agents, & work in partnership with our Sales Management & SGMs to understand the messages that are impactful for them. You will create strategic briefs for content generation & have a dedicated team in the Content Studio to help achieve your goals. You will lead media planning to place the right message to the right customer at the right time & then help build a content funnel that can nurture them from introduction to close. You will work in collaboration with Marketing Solutions team leaders & Product Managers to assure we instrument & build the foundational tech infrastructure & instrument recurring process to scale our demand generation goals.
This leader must thrive as a part of cross-functional teams, exhibit excellent analytical skills, have a strong bias for action, a passion for solving business problems & the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You are a great communicator with outstanding verbal, written & presentation skills with a proven track record of building & coaching superior teams. Deep experience leading growth marketing functions, preferably in real estate, tech, at B2B SaaS & B2C organizations is preferred. This is a full-time position based in New York City & reports to the Chief Marketing Solutions Officer.
At Compass You Will:
- Develop & grow a high performing, metrics-driven, customer acquisition organization made up of campaign management, digital marketing, partner marketing & operations.
- Lead strategic development of multi-channel direct & channel acquisition campaigns including but not limited to search, display, email, social, ABM & content syndication.
- Meet & exceed pipeline development goals & other leading indicators of demand.
- Forecast, measure, analyze & report on the impact of demand creation activities on sales pipeline & bookings.
- Continuously evaluate the performance & ROI of campaigns, adjusting demand tactics & strategy accordingly.
- Work closely with Product Marketing to define go-to-market strategies, buyer personas, value proposition, messaging & content needs.
- Work closely with product marketing, marketing communications, market outreach & development & sales to ensure message optimization & cross-functional alignment.
- Ensure a highly productive relationship with sales, driving strong alignment on campaign strategy as well as pipeline & win-rate objectives.
- Develop & maintain a thorough understanding of agent decision making behavior & industry trends to ensure effective implementation of marketing programs.
- Optimize targeting, creative, media & budget allocation to maximize ROI.
- Assess new trends & drive continual improvement of the acquisition portfolio.
- Segmentation & targeting work closely with the business intelligence team, strategic growth (sales), & each of the brands Marketing partners to identify the highest potential prospects who offer the greatest Lifetime Value (LTV).
- Work to attain an optimal marketing mix & to optimize resources to maximize impact, with tactics that could likely include paid search, social advertising, mobile & video ads, sms, email, webinars, real time lead bidding & partner with other critical marketing groups such as web management, CRM & product marketing.
- Strong leadership with the ability to prioritize, set clear direction & develop people to deliver results.
What We Look For:
- Authority in B2B demand generation with 10+ years of experience in marketing in fast-paced technology companies.
- 5+ years of leadership & management experience in the field of demand gen, digital or campaign marketing.
- Extensive experience with direct marketing & marketing automation including A/B testing, customer segmentation & analytics as well as strong proficiency with technology tools that support such marketing efforts
- Strong proficiency in sourcing & analyzing the data needed to make effective marketing campaign decisions as well as a high comfort level in operating with & making decisions with partial information
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.