ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms design team is a group of fast-moving & creative thinkers who thrive on creating beautifully branded experiences Skimmrs love. As the Brand Design Director, you will translate marketing & brand strategies into innovative campaigns & branded experiences. As a key member of the team, you'll work cross-functionally with marketing, editorial, product, & sales to own the end-to-end brand experience & bring theSkimms voice to life.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Lead & develop a team of brand designers
- Guide art direction for all marketing campaigns & branded experiences
- Conceptualize & execute large scale, multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Ensure theSkimms brand styles & voice is represented in all projects
- Manage design resources needed for projects
- Develop & maintain a well defined brand identity
- Foster a collaborative process with teams across the organization
- Work with the entire design team to evolve the brand design system, understanding the value of design patterns & helping to build & maintain a cohesive visual language
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 6+ years of brand design experience
- 4+ years managing a creative team
- Experience owning campaigns across all channels
- Strong critical thinking & communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of design craft
- Ability to lead, inspire, & motivate reports & peers to do their best work
- Proficient in Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, Figma, Keynote
- A solid understanding of typography, composition, & grids
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- Ability to refine other peoples ideas & push the best concept forward
- Familiarity & enthusiasm for theSkimm, & a passion for our audience & mission
- Keen interest in elevating theSkimms brand & bringing new offerings to life
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
Please include a link to an online or PDF portfolio with your application.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.