Company Description Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Director in Payment & Platform technology team, you will pave the way for our most important asset, our engineers, to deliver amazing features with highest quality. You will be working with colleagues, who will help, support & challenge you every day. You will see the code written going to production in few days & used by huge customer base including Apple, Facebook, Nike , Emirates If this sounds exciting, we would love to chat & tell you more about our work culture & environment
We expect our Director to do much more than just managing multiple teams
* Help our client to achieve their real goals by understanding the requirements & how it would help them in their business.
* Proven ability to define needs, develop plans, coordinate resources & implement action plans.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously & to resolve scheduling & other conflicts in order to meet all deadlines.
* Familiarity with budgeting, scheduling, contract & vendor management
* Experience with a variety of development methodologies & mature understanding of the strengths & weaknesses of each. Solid experience with Agile methods is a plus.
* Superior verbal, written & interpersonal communication skills with both technical & non-technical audiences.
* Experience in coaching engineers both on technical & career development
* Excellent team player, with strong collaboration skills & ability to influence cross-functional team for results
* Focus on building an efficient & collaborative team environment
* Bachelor with 12+ years of experience or Master's degree with 8+ years of experience in Computer Science or related field
* Experience in commercial software development on Unix/Linux environment.
* 5+ years in a leadership & management role
* Understanding of architecture & operations of highly available & scalable applications.
* You have expertise of Core Java, JEE technologies, REST & container based technologies.
* You have experience in consumer facing application development experience.
* Proven track record of responsibilities as a technical lead.
* You have experience architecting solutions with Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery in mind
* You have amazing work ethics that will help us all work extremely well together
* You have the passion to understanding people & to always striving to improve our products & services!
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.