Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about making the internet a safer place for everyone.
We are looking for a creative engineer to solve high-scale security problems. Reporting to the Manager of Security Engineering, the Security Software Engineer will find innovative ways to bring security-focused products & services to our internal engineering teams, & our customers.
Our customers trust us with their data & operations, & we take that responsibility seriously. Security at DO means solving incredibly complex problems at a high-scale that have real impact for our customers, our products, & for the larger internet community.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Build & maintain security platforms & services, for both internal & external use.
- Develop & deploy security capabilities at scale, using languages such as Go & Ruby, & tools such as Kubernetes, Docker, & Chef.
- Research & design automated approaches to reducing the risk of fraud, abuse, & misuse of the DigitalOcean products & services.
- Partner with engineering teams to make sure that we deliver an excellent & secure workflow spanning development, deployment, & production monitoring.
- Design customer-impacting security applications & services that advance DigitalOceans ability to help our customers improve their security posture.
- Work with product & engineering teams to design & implement secure architectures.
- Design & build internal tools that enable our Security Operations Center to do more, faster.
- Consistently improve security as the platform scales, driving continuous improvement through data collection & correlation, being mindful that security should be an efficiency enabler for the business - not an obstacle.
What Well Expect From You:
- Software engineering experience (you can write robust code with good test coverage & can point to specific examples of projects youve successfully delivered in the past) & expertise with at least one programming language.
- A high degree of curiosity, with a desire to understand a problem deeply.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills (you can explain your thought process & you write good documentation.)
- Interest in security & a desire to build secure by default services & applications
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Security team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!