The position will focus on online ad trafficking & strategy of BuzzFeed branded content. This includes video, post & short form assets to be optimized across multiple platforms (i.e. BuzzFeed.com & Facebook). This will require daily interaction with our internal teams such as Client Services, Sales, Operations, & our external clients to ensure consistent & smooth delivery of all advertising campaigns.
- Campaign management & ad trafficking (Facebook/Instagram/Youtube/DFP/Pinterest/Twitter) for BuzzFeed branded content partners & key BuzzFeed accounts
- Interact with account managers, developers, project managers, design, & publishing partners on various ops projects.
- Demonstrate platform expertise & develop content distribution strategies for both internal & external stakeholders
- Manage relationships with publishers, media vendors, & third party vendors to maximize the performance of existing buys & stay current with new products/features
- Continually test & evaluate new strategies, tactics, & partnerships in an effort to evolve & improve our product offering
- Actively contribute to the development & prioritization of new features & functionality for a constantly evolving product line
- Continuously focused on ensuring revenue is retained, as well as partnering with sales representatives & clients to increase renewal rates & advertising spend on BuzzFeed & related BuzzFeed Brands (i.e. Tasty)
- BA/BS degree in a STEM field is a plus
- A minimum 2-3 years of media buying experience
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, & efficient time-management skills
- Working knowledge of digital media platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest), advertising data, & social/digital trends
- Advanced skills in Excel, including pivot tables & macros
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Experience preparing, analyzing & presenting campaign insights to key stakeholders
- Strong creative problem-solving skills & an ability to think outside the box & come up with unique solutions to complex problems
- Experience with third party ad servers - DART for Publishers preferred
- Knowledge of Google Analytics & Looker
- Demonstrated proclivity in Technology, Digital, & Social Advertising
- Managed & maintained media distribution for a portfolio of client accounts
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment & celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for growth & development via work experience & offerings from our in-house Learning Team
- Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, & more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, & hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.