Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data & technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US & we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Manager, Field Sales (West Coast) is responsible for leading, coaching, & developing a high-performing sales team at the individual level. The Manager, Field Sales will be responsible for contributing to & executing the strategic direction as set forth by the Director, Field Sales & VP of Sales. The successful candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced sales environment with high-growth expectations concentrating on ever increasing complicated product offerings. The Sales Manager will own a segment of the business, & will be responsible to delivering against sales targets, while contributing to the successful rollout of new products to existing customers, renewal of existing customers & acquisition of new customer partnerships.
What You'll Do:
- Directly manage, coach, & develop a 6-person field sales team regionalized within the continental US.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to communicate the needs of CarGurus customers & product requirements.
- Utilize an analytical mindset that allows for deeper inspection of individual, team, & segment level pipeline development & forecasting.
- Bring a growth mind-set to the team while continually driving accountability, trust, & integrity.
- Spearhead the rollout of new products & programs, ensuring that reps are adequately trained & confident for significant client adoption.
- Effectively communicates, formally & informally, up & down the organization.
- Contribute to all aspects of sales management administration (forecasting, region reviews, etc.).
- Comfortable & proficient in the implementation of sales processes & methodologies.
- Continual spot coaching, as well as organized sessions in the interest of up-skilling members of the team on a professional, personal, & financial basis.
- Speaking engagements & face-to-face responsibilities as required
- Get in the trenches to strategize & help to move deals across the line with the team.
- Travel into market with team members to provide in-field coaching & development (Covid restrictions currently in place).
Who You Are:
- BA/BS minimum.
- Previous management & leadership experience required.
- Track record of success & achievement in sales & other pursuits.
- Experience selling SaaS or other internet/technology subscriptions a strong plus.
- Effective user of technology tools, including CRM & Looker, to improve sales performance.
- Ambitious sales leader committed to the success of his/her team.
- Exceptional credibility with previous team members & organizations.
- Strong track record of decisiveness & accountability in previous roles.
- Proven approach of providing servant leadership through emotional intelligence & grit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning & development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks & benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, & more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace, but trust & transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves & their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada & the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA & London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.