TheFork, a TripAdvisor Company is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia & Latin America, with a network of more than 80.000 restaurants worldwide, more than 30,5 million monthly visits & present in 22+ countries around the globe.
Basically, TheFork connects restaurants & diners:
- Through TheFork (website & application), as well as through TripAdvisor, users can easily select a restaurant according to preference criteria (such as the localisation, type of cuisine, restaurant type & average price), consult user reviews, check real-time availability & instantly book online.
- From the restaurants side, TheFork provides them with a software solution, TheFork Manager, which enables restaurants to optimize reservations management, streamline operations & ultimately improve service & revenues.
TheFork team aims to inspire & enable people to confidently discover, experience & share food. We operate under a shared set of values that define how we do business & how we interact with our colleagues, our partners, our customers & our food community. We strongly believe that building a diverse workforce of people from all walks of life helps us have a richer, more vibrant, more successful workplace.
About engineering @ TheFork:
- Our team is based on 100+ people including engineers, QA, design, product & devOps.
- We have an international team, with people working from France, Italy, Portugal, UK & Argentina.
- Our stack is mostly in Node both on the backend & frontend, & we work with React for our interfaces & GraphQL as API. Our Mobile Apps are made with Swift & Kotlin.
- Our engineers take great pride in their code, & pay close attention to the submitted pull requests.
- We solve many challenges with highly performant solutions, addressing beautiful interfaces without being troubled by the scalability of the platform itself.
Specific tasks for this position will include:
- Review & analyze functional requirements to ensure that requirements are testable.
- Work with Business Analysts to get requirement clarifications. Communicate gap, inconsistency, or errors on the functional requirements to the Business Analyst.
- Translate the business functional requirements into high level test scenarios with test estimation, create test plans, & provide test estimates to QA Manager for project scheduling purposes.
- Develop detailed test cases, ensure that tests cover all features of the system (happy path & edge cases), & ensure complete test-to-requirement coverage.
- Work with the developers to identify & prepare test data needed for the test execution.
- Perform various types of QA software testing including manual functional, web usability, system integration, regression, cross browser compatibility, backend database validation & mobile application testing.
- Perform data validation on the back-end Oracle or MS SQL database by writing SQL queries.
- Document software issues on Jira & assist development with concise & detailed steps for duplication of issues found.
- Work collaboratively with the project team to communicate testing progress & status, attend defect triage meetings to prioritize & track defects to closure, discuss project updates & issues to ensure appropriate follow through to resolution.
- Provide feedback & recommendations to developers on software functionality & web usability.
- Attend an application demo with the project team & business stakeholders.
- Provide weekly status to QA Manager to ensure that work is carried out in accordance with the schedule & testing requirements.
- At least 3 years of experience hands on Jira prepare test cases, manage test execution, report defects, & communicate defects with the project team.
- Familiarity with different types of testing methods & techniques. At least 5 years of experience in writing detailed test scenarios & test cases based on business functional requirements & technical specifications documents.
- 3+ years of experience testing web applications built using different technologies including VB, JAVA, MS CRM Dynamics, Oracle, & MS SQL Server.
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts & proficiency with SQL.
- Understanding of quality assurance concepts, best practices, & methodology.
- Possess strong analytical skills & attention to detail. Proven ability to analyze detailed business requirements, raise questions, & seek resolution to outstanding clarifications required to test case identification.
- Familiarity with different system development techniques such as Waterfall, Hybrid Agile, & Agile methodologies.
TheFork gives you the opportunity to test our gift card product at the restaurant if you pass the first screen of our recruiters! Ready to test it? Apply now & receive a 25 gift card!*
* In addition to the processing of your personal data for recruitment purpose, TheFork will process your email address for the purpose of supplying a TheFork gift card. In accordance with applicable law, you have the right to refuse such processing by indicating it to the Talent Acquisition team. Gift cards are available now in France, Spain & Italy.