Why dont marketers like trampolines?... Theyre scared of high bounce rates!
If this made you painfully chuckle & *smh*, youre perfect for this role.
Updaters User Engagement team is responsible for conveying how Updater helps users save time, money, & stress when going through the third most stressful life event moving! Were looking for a technical email marketer & platform expert to execute marketing communications with our users, specifically leveraging Iterable.
As our Email Marketing Operations Manager, your mission is to turn campaign ideas & testing hypotheses into action while working closely with other members of our User Engagement team. You will own the daily email operations of our user-facing marketing organization to ensure that campaigns are completed & deployed on time. Youre responsible for applying email operations best practices & guiding our marketers, engineers, & product managers on how best to unlock the full value of our current tool of choice Iterable. Youll assess marketings challenges & think critically to devise solutions. You will work closely with stakeholders across marketing & product, as well as outside agencies, to manage & deliver our email marketing programs.
This role sits on our User Engagement team a team dedicated to delivering an engaging user experience & constantly seeking to discover (and actualize!) new means of value for all users. Our ideal candidate is an email expert with extensive technical campaign management experience in B2C marketing. The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of email marketing best practices, self-motivation, & a strong sense of personal accountability.
About the Role
- Oversee the day-to-day execution of email marketing programs
- Identify, implement, & track meaningful tests to improve one-off emails & journey campaigns
- Own email campaign production from end-to-end, ensuring our emails are received by the right users, at the right time, with the right content
- Carry out advanced QA, segmentation, & management of campaigns
- Work independently to execute email & troubleshoot technical issues
- Establish, maintain, & optimize processes for campaign operations
- Demonstrate the power & value of email using creative brainstorming, critical thinking, & problem-solving
- Implement personalization programs
- Analyze & communicate results including key performance metrics
- Maintain ownership of the email marketing tech stack
- Empathy: you strive to see the world from our users point of view in order to anticipate their needs
- Humility: you have an opinion, but arent afraid to be proven wrong, & are open to suggestions on what tool or technique is best to most efficiently solve a problem
- Strong Communication: you have optimism & a forward-looking attitude with a clear, inspiring communication style
- Comfort with Ambiguity: youre used to being asked open-ended questions & whittling them down to questions that can be answered by hard data
- At least 5+ years of relevant marketing operations experience at a Series A - D startup
- A proven track record of 2+ years in email production & execution in Iterable, Customer.io, ActiveCampaign, Braze, or other top-tier ESPs
- Strong proficiency with HTML/CSS
- Ability to analyze datasets & interpret email data to optimize programs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & work under real-time change requests
- Ability to handle opposing priorities with tight deadlines, & communicate priorities to stakeholders
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV & internet, & much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily & relocation companies) rely on Updaters real estate products to save clients hours with a branded & personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised over $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors), & more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest-rated tech company on the list, & ranked #7 in 2018. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer & will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.