Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of lifes most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are a systems thinker, with an ability to quickly learn how different parts of the business interact.
You will need to solve for multiple strategic priorities (i.e. growth, efficiency, & quality) & consider various stakeholders (buyers, sellers, agents, & employees). Each week will bring you a new set of projects & challenges, where success is measured by data-driven outcomes.
As a Business Operations Manager at HomeLight, you are the perfect mix of analytical, technical, & operational. You will collect, sanitize, analyze, & synthesize data; apply critical thinking & communications skills to make actionable recommendations; & drive those recommendations through to execution. You are a clear, confident communicator who loves taking a complicated problem, decomposing it, & building a compelling business case.
What Youll Do
- Create & monitor metrics to support the optimization of HomeLights national title & escrow business
- Make recommendations to ensure our staff is able to support our planned business growth within Closing Services & our Cash Close business lines
- Own multiple vendor relationships, including sourcing, negotiations, pricing, impact on P&L, implementation, & monitoring
- Engage directly with our agents in order to receive feedback & brainstorm ways to improve our agent & client experience while ensuring quality control of any data product enhancements
- Work extremely cross-functionally, attending to various projects with our Finance, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, Executive teams, & more
- Engage directly with our real estate agents partners to continue to improve agent experience
- Be an all-around team player - as an operator in a growing start-up your responsibilities will constantly be growing & evolving
- SQL proficiency, required
- Experience in operationally-intensive businesses (e.g. proptech, ecommerce, ridesharing, food delivery) a plus
- Experience in professional services (consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, etc) a plus
- Desire to take initiative & a comfortability with change & ambiguity
- Intellectual horsepower & the ability to think through a broad range of business issues
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, & offer recommendations
- Experience working cross functionally with technical & non-technical stakeholders
- Great verbal & written communication skills
- Experience in real estate (sales, escrow, title, tech, etc) a plus
- Experience using R or Python, a plus
- Experience with business intelligence tools (Tableau, Apache Superset, Periscope), a plus