Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices & warehouses. And were just getting started. As the Leader of our TPEB Fulfilment team, youll work closely with Ocean TLM, Supply Chain Operations, Makers & more to build the foundation required to build an industry-leading ocean freight forwarding platform. Succeeding in this effort will lower our cost to serve, improve our profitability, enable true scale, & improve culture.
- Lead & develop our TPEB Fulfillment team with 25-30 people within 2021
- Design, develop & implement Fulfillment processes in close collaboration with key ocean stakeholders
- Be a key stakeholder & influencer for continued development of our technology platform for allocation management
- Grow our operational scope & geography, validate opportunities for insourcing & outsourcing
- Identify synergies & process enhancements with SCO leaders, to drive improved cost to serve
- Be responsible for driving assignment accuracy & contract/space utilization, in close collaboration with our ocean teams in US & Asia
- Identify & drive margin enhancements through moving the right cargo on the right contracts
- Improve our customer experience through a seamless assignment process, delivering stable & predictable metrics for SO release & CRD-ETD performance
You should have:
- Over 15 years experience in a similar or closely aligned operational role
- Industry experience is a requirement
- Very strong leadership skills, preferably also within the greater Asia region
- Strong operational understanding & drive
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills & concepts quickly
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization & planning skills.
- Strategic thinking & ground floor execution
- Client focus & emphasis on service excellence
- A BA/BS Degree or equivalent
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.