Denodo is the leader in data virtualization - providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud, & unstructured sources, & the agilest data services provisioning & governance - at less than half the cost of traditional data integration. Denodo's customers have gained significant business agility & ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web & cloud integration, single-view applications, & SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
Are you looking for acareer within an international software product company? Then our Data Engineer role will be a fantastic opportunity for you.
Denodo isthe leader in Data Virtualization & we are embracing a culture that puts people first, where everyone has the opportunity to own their career & make a contribution towards the modern change, & is given the space to grow personally & professionally.
At Denodo we focus on attracting, retaining & developing people who are committed to doing their best & deliver on their promises. We are looking for people who value different perspectives, who build sustainable relationships & who dare to shape the future & want to make a difference.
Your career with us will combine cutting edge technology, exposure to worldwide clients across all industries (Financial Services, Automotive, Insurance, Pharma, etc.), exciting growth paths & direct mentorship.
Your mission will be to help & assist our clients & partners to realize their full potential through accelerated adoption & productive use of Denodo's Data Virtualization capability to provide modern solutions for agile data delivery to empower people.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a Data Engineer you will successfully employ a combination of high technical expertise, client communication & coordination skills between clients & internal Denodo teams to achieve your mission.
· Education, coaching & support during the introduction as well as ongoing projects of the Denodo Platform to achieve high level of client satisfaction.
· Diagnose & resolve client's inquiries related to operating Denodo software products in their environment.
· Participate in problem escalation & call prevention projects to help clients & other technical specialists increase their efficiency when using Denodo products.
· Participate in on-call duties.
· Contribute to knowledge management activities & promote best practices for project execution.
· Implement product demos & pilots to showcase Data Virtualization in enterprise scenarios, cloud deployments & Big Data projects.
· Provide timely, prioritized & complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support and/or Development regarding client's business cases, requirements & issues.
Desired Skills & Experience
· Experience Range: from Fresh Graduates (must be top-ranked & exceptionally qualified) to 8 years of demonstrated experience.
· University Degree relating to information systems or computer science (Bachelor or Master).
· Understanding of Data Integration flavours.
· Solid understanding of SQL & good grasp of relational & analytical database management theory & practice. Good knowledge of software development & architectural patterns.
· Technical skills include Java development, JDBC, XML, Web Service related APIs, experience with version control systems (e.g. SVN, git).
· Experience in Windows & Linux (and UNIX) operating systems in server environments.
· Basic experience in Big Data, NoSQL, & InMemory environments is welcome.
· Basic experience in cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP...) is welcome.
· Personal & Relationship qualities: Professional curiosity & the ability to enable yourself in new technologies & tasks. Active listener. Curiosity & continuous learning. Creativity. Team worker.
· Communications: Good written/verbal communication skills in English (other international languages a plus) are essential for interaction with clients, making presentations, attending meetings & writing technical documentation.
· Willingness to travel up to 40%.