Who We Are
Were building the future of real estate today.
HomeLight is the essential technology platform used by hundreds of thousands of homebuyers & sellers to partner with top real estate agents & win at any step of the real estate journey, whether thats finding a top agent, securing a competitive mortgage, or ensuring on-time, easy close.
HomeLight facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform every year. Our vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, & satisfying for all.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes. Were committed to diversity both internally & externally through programs such as our Black Real Estate Agent Program with NAREB. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are a dynamic & consumer-focused compliance executive who is passionate about creating, scaling, & implementing the compliance function of a fast-growing company. You have used your intimate knowledge of mortgage statutes & regulations to create scalable systems, controls, & processes to ensure compliance. You take ownership of initiatives, you communicate in plain English, & you have a collaborative & approachable demeanor. You understand the business well, & you thrive on working with all facets of the organization, including sales, marketing, engineers, HR, & finance. You possess sound judgment & discretion, making you a trusted partner in sensitive environments. You have extensive experience working with regulators, & you have a track record of identifying & remediating issues before they are surfaced by regulatory exams & audits.
What Youll Do
As Director of Mortgage Compliance, you will own & drive forward all mortgage compliance function at HomeLight. Specifically, you will:
- Establish strategic priorities for the compliance department for federal & state rules affecting mortgage origination
- Advise management on regulatory compliance matters
- Assist the mortgage team to understand & work through complicated loan-level compliance questions
- Manage compliance risk by building a comprehensive Compliance Management System, ensuring that policies, procedures & controls are implemented & working as intended
- Develop & manage the Quality Control & Internal Audit program
- Manage mortgage-related vendor relationships
- Collaborate with business partners on solutions that meet business goals & remain within regulatory requirements
- Manage all federal & state exams & audits
- Oversee regulatory change management & corrective action initiatives
- Train, coach, & develop staff
- Establish a calendar of tasks to ensure that all required compliance functions are completed regularly
- Engage with all departments including the compliance functions of the title/escrow business & the real estate brokerage business - to ensure that the company as a whole is functioning in a compliant manner & that the compliance team is providing adequate support to the business units & employees
- Obtain the training, education & information necessary to confidently provide correct compliance information, answers to questions, & guidance to company executives, managers & employees
What You Bring
- 7+ years mortgage regulatory compliance experience with a comprehensive knowledge of agency quality control requirements
- 5+ years management/supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of Federal and/or state mortgage origination statutes & their implementing regulations, including RESPA, TILA, ECOA, FCRA, HMDA, SAFE, as well as other consumer protection laws such as TCPA, CAN-SPAM, & UDAAP
- Familiarity with all loans types including Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, & Jumbo lending guidelines
- Demonstrated success implementing a Compliance Management Program resulting in exam success
- Tact in dealing with examiners, exam management, & responding to exams
- Proven track record of successfully managing & developing staff
- Concise written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with multiple responsibilities