As a Senior Network Engineer, you are an advanced technologist who brings strong engineering practices to the specialty areas of networking. In this role you will lead & contribute to designing, implementing, testing, deploying, operating, & maintaining of critical network infrastructure. You will be responsible for ensuring the reliability & extensibility of CommerceHubs growing network & VoIP infrastructure. You will work as part of a larger team in a collaborative & dynamic environment.
- Technical lead & direct contributor for projects involving local & wide area networking, wireless, VoIP & other related items across environments & platforms.
- Network & VoIP integration including assisting in the planning, design, installation, maintenance, management, & coordination of the corporate LAN/WAN, wireless, & VoIP systems.
- Participation in vendor evaluations & recommendations & manage vendor resources & services.
- Developing & maintaining network & VoIP diagrams & documentation; planning & communicating strategically.
- Working with Cloud (AWS and/or Azure) networking & networking-related technologies.
- Proactively monitoring systems on a daily basis ensuring high availability; providing 24x7 operational support.
- Coordinate & manage project activities including planning, tracking, & scheduling.
- Proactively staying current on technological developments & applications.
- Mentoring other engineers.
Successful candidates for the position must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's Degreein Computer Science or related field AND/OR equivalent professional experience; you typically have at least 7 years of relevant professional experience.
- Broad experience designing, implementing, administering, & troubleshootingnetwork & VoIP infrastructure devices across distributed environments.
- Preferably have experience with AWS networking concepts & technologies.
- Preferably have experience with Cisco (or Arista) network & collaboration technologies.
- Experience with firewall technologies, preferably Palo Alto.
- Excellent knowledge ofapplication transport & network infrastructure protocols.
- Preferably have network and/or general infrastructure security experience.
- The ability to propose, document, manage, & execute on complex projects.
- The ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making & problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills & are capable of communicating across all levels of management.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment.