Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
What youve done before:
Demonstrated an ability to write clean, well-structured & documented code, & a passion for code quality. Written code that talks to 3rd party APIs. Shipped projects (either professionally or academically) that leveraged Object Oriented concepts, design patterns, & storage systems in a Unix/Linux, Windows, and/or Mac environment.
What a successful internship looks like:
- You will be working with the team on many small projects to automate, integrate, or enhance existing or new technologies.
- Assist in maintaining key infrastructure & tools.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of our SDLC & devops processes.
- Work with teams to support new features, services & applications.
Preferred Experience Requirements (2 or more)
- Pursuing a degree (B.S/M.S./PhD.) in Computer Science or related fields
- Python or another scripting language
- Knowledge/use of containers
- AWS, GCP or Microsoft Azure
- Cloud infrastructure
- Automated CI/CD pipelines
- Contributed to an open source project
- Basic networking knowledge
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.