As Partnerships Principal, youll drive sales efforts in Japan by developing & converting sales opportunities with local public transportation companies as well as large private sector transportation providers & fleet owners. Via Mobility Japan has various partners in Japan, & we are accelerating this growth. You will build pipelines of qualified leads & masterfully manage all aspects of the sales cycle, from initial contact to closing. Youll also become an expert on the Via platform & will partner cross-functionally with teams across the business to drive product & operational improvements.
What You'll Do:
- Build & manage a robust pipeline of sales opportunities in Japan with a focus on strategic accounts with public transportation companies & large private sector transportation providers
- Become an expert on the Via platform; display a deep understanding of its functionality, features, & impact for clients
- Develop insights regarding customer use-cases; position & present Via as an ideal solution for client needs
- Strategically navigate the buying & renewal processes; communicate tactfully & persuasively with stakeholders & budget decision makers
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including Finance, Expansion, Growth, Partner Success & Product to drive operational & product improvements
- Be the face of Via in Japan, speaking at conferences, establishing key relationships with the press & advising on local marketing plans
- Actively research the competitive landscape -- identifying market, product, & pricing trends -- & succinctly share findings with key stakeholders to ensure that were always one step ahead
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience in client-facing roles (e.g. strategy consulting, key account management, strategic partnerships), preferably in fast-paced, product-driven environments
- An outstanding track record in enterprise software/SaaS sales or a background in transportation (including strong public sector & large enterprise relationships) is not required but is a decided advantage
- Expertise in prospecting, cross-selling, & developing relationships with senior level officials & executives
- A history of demonstrated quota achievement & consistent territory growth
- Excellent written & verbal communication; whether in customer conversations, product presentations, or written proposals, you always strike the right tone & communicate clearly & persuasively
- Superb commercial intuition & exceptional judgement -- you know when to push & when to yield in maximizing the value of a potential deal
- Passionate & relentless about growth; youre not deterred by setbacks & enjoy the process of building high-value relationships over time
- An independent self-starter: you enjoy working in fast-paced environments & feel comfortable with a high level of responsibility
- Detail-oriented & thorough; able to effectively juggle multiple tasks/projects at once in a highly fluid work environment
- Must be willing to travel 25-50% as needed
- Bachelor's degree
- Business level Japanese & English
What Catches Our Eye:
- Experience at a start-up and/or in the mobility sector a plus
- Advanced degree
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. Were building revolutionary technology thats changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation thats friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the worlds biggest cities & is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. Weve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, & were growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries & deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If youre someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, & loves getting things done, wed love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.