At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
The Secaucus Dream Fulfillment Center is home to an impressive team of hard working people who are values-driven, dynamic, fast-paced, & operations obsessed. The team is comprised of about 50 leaders over 3 shifts up to 1,000 + non-exempt associates across Inbound, Outbound & Inventory Operations. While the team embodies diversity of thought, everyone is focused on delivering a Cinderella Experience to our customers with every shipment.
About the Job:
The General Manager is responsible for guiding & developing leadership by motivating, mentoring, & coaching. They are responsible for engaging total building across divisions, departments & shifts to maintain the highest levels of safety, production, cost & quality while ensuring a positive employee experience. As the General Manager, you will be a servant leader: diving in, rolling up your sleeves, supporting the growth & development of the team, & dedication to the success of your team.
What Youll Do:
- Responsible for developing & leading a high functioning team that is connected to our company's vision.
- Actively lead with safety, service, quality & cost at the forefront of all decision making
- Establish & meet KPIs for the entire building
- Build strong teams & create programs/plans to improve all metrics across departments
- Drive strategic labor planning & forecasting across the building ensuring alignment to variable cost plans
- Develop & administer operational procedures, precisely executing activities for shipments, handling & disposition of products, & keeping the highest standards of inventory accuracy
- Develop & manage effective partnerships throughout all levels of the organization to understand weekly & daily targets & establish & execute clear plans & roadmaps to consistently meet target goals
- Adapt building layout, equipment, shift schedules, & headcount plans to address growth in volume & changing assortment objectives
- Attract & hire top talent--partnering with the People team to develop a strategic vision & talent plan for attracting, hiring & developing talent to meet your orgs talent goals
- Create & promote a culture of continuous improvement & empower associates to propose & implement solutions to decrease costs & improve efficiency
- Be well versed in the order flow process & all systems involved in end to end customer order fulfillment
- Be able to lead teams through complex problems by breaking down problems into clear & actionable items
- B.S. degree in business administration, manufacturing, supply chain or related field; MBA is a plus
- 8 - 10 years of related experience working in a retail management, warehouse, fulfillment center or quality assurance capacity
- Proven track record of exceptional leadership & employee development
- Experience developing budgets, managing P&L, forecasting staffing needs, analyzing financial/operational data & translate data into actionable information to drive results
- Forward-thinker with sharp analytic skills & the ability to articulate point of view, develop systems/plans, & improve processes across the organization
- Have a positive, can-do attitude & excellent interpersonal skills
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & well-being of our employees & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!