Title:Director, Mergers & Acquisitions
Location:New York, NY
The M&A group works with the Office of the Chairman to identify, evaluate & execute M&A transactions & investments for IAC & its portfolio companies. We are looking to grow our small team of deal professionals as we are currently executing multiple transactions per year across the portfolio. M&A is a high profile, strategic part of IAC, & so this position represents a vital role within the company. You will be expected to be able to lead all aspects of transaction evaluation & execution, from idea generation through valuation, due diligence, & negotiation of legal documentation. In this role, you will have extensive interaction with senior management of IAC & our portfolio companies.
- Performing industry research to identify opportunities for growth within IAC's existing businesses or expansion into new areas.
- Developing detailed financial models & valuation analysis for potential transactions & compiling research, developing models & valuation scenarios.
- Coordinating & implementing due diligence for potential transactions.
- Creating investment conclusions & related presentations for review by the senior management team of IAC, including the Office of the Chairman.
- Leading negotiations of transaction terms & legal documentation.
- Interfacing with finance, legal, tax & other departments of IAC to ensure seamless deal execution.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in private equity, venture capital, corporate M&A, & investment banking (preferably in the M&A group)
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred. Experience in the consumer internet or media space is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in modeling, analysis, & research in heavily-transactional situations.
- Outstanding written & oral communication skills.
- Self-starter capable of working independently.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint.
- Experience working effectively as part of a small team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial & driven by a new challenge.
- Willingness to travel essential.
IAC builds companies. We are guided by curiosity, a questioning of the status quo, & a desire to invent or acquire new products & brands. From the single seed that started as IAC over two decades ago have emerged 10 public companies & a generation of exceptional leaders. We will always evolve, but our basic principles of financially disciplined opportunism & fairness in all matters will never change. IAC today operates Vimeo, Dotdash, The Daily Beast & Investopedia, among many others, & also has majority ownership of both Match Group, which includes Tinder, Match, PlentyOfFish, & OkCupid, & ANGI Homeservices, which includes HomeAdvisor, Angie's List & Handy. The Company is headquartered in New York City & has business operations & satellite offices worldwide.