As a Vice President of Global Agency Sales for Rubicon Project, you will play a multi-faceted role of owning the global holding company pipeline, agency & trading desk strategy & any strategic partnership efforts. The Global VP is responsible for growing revenue & managing the buy-side relationship with our global agency partner & their local market buying teams. You will be responsible for coordinating day-to-day global support as well as assisting our local market teams that work with your partner, providing client executives & our internal teams with insight & advice regarding every aspect of the partnership & the business they are doing on our platform. You are a strategic deal closer, & chief problem-solver for your holding companies. You will also be responsible for identifying opportunities for our product roadmap & identifying sales strategies to increase spend.
We are looking for an individual who thinks & acts globally. You are excited about mastering your understanding of global markets, our products, & your holding companys global business. This role requires advanced communication skills & strong cross-functional leadership. You will become the expert in, & coordinate local market resources needed to drive partnerships with your holding companies. You will monitor & report regular performance of the business & coordinate solutions to any global business issues. The successful VP is equally comfortable & effective in both strategic, & operational conversations. You will work closely with our Product & Business Development teams to assist in product roadmap development. This global role offers a unique opportunity to be highly visible within the company, & requires you to be effective both internally & externally, in the U.S. & internationally. Your role will significantly impact the progress of our business & our future success with buyers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a vocal leader in the company & subject matter expert (SME) for our global engagement with your holding companies
- Own the weekly pipeline & revenue forecast for your global & regional opportunities
- Develop custom client solutions utilizing Rubicons entire suite of products
- Coordinate an internal cross-functional team & serve as the main contact for global executives
- Develop a strategic agency plan to achieve target revenue goals for the partner
- Partner with client execs to understand strategic needs & deliver solutions to meet not only advertising needs but their overarching business needs
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our platform & tools
- Proactively expand (upsell/cross-sell) the use of Rubicons entire tech stack with your holding cos
- Manage & expand senior level relationships at your holding companies
- Ensure that the right resources & teams are in place for each local market to provide appropriate service levels
- Work with market sales teams to construct & present regular QBRs
- Lead regular client & internal business reviews with strategic analysis, insights & reporting regarding MR spend, technology requirements, & competitive landscape.
- Act as a feedback loop to product, finance, engineering, & account teams.
- BA/BS degree (required) or equivalent work experience in relevant discipline; post-graduate degree (a plus)
- 8 - 10+ years experience working in digital advertising, of which 5+ in programmatic sales or account management.
- 5+ years supervisory experience managing & leading teams in a fast-paced & entrepreneurial company
- Comfortable leading senior executive conversations internally & externally
- Ability to translate strategic goals into plans & actionable objectives. Must be able to write a business strategy
- Ability to clearly articulate technical solutions to prospects/clients during sales processes
- Excellent communication & presentation skills, both written & oral, ability to communicate with sales, executives & clients.
- Strategic, analytical thinker who consistently challenges the status quo & constructively challenges his or herself.
- Ability to travel 25-30%
- Expert knowledge of Real Time Bidding, Ad Networks, Agencies, Trading Desks, & the overall advertising ecosystem.
- An understanding of how systems work together in RTB (both open auction & private marketplaces), Automated Guaranteed, & Ad Serving landscapes.
- Expert knowledge & understanding of online advertising dynamics & campaign planning & buying, (specifically as related to Real Time Bidding.)
- Working knowledge of Demand Side Platforms, Ad Exchanges, Data Management Platforms.