Associate Product Manager
Join us as we ignite the change that changes everything.
About the Position
The Intelligent Retail Lab is part of Walmarts Store No 8, an innovation hub formed by the worlds largest retailer focused on identifying & investing in trends & technologies reshaping the shopping experience. As a people-led, tech-empowered business, we believe that technology has immense potential to enhance the associate & customer experience in our stores. Thats why we created the first-of-its-kind IRL inside an existing & fully-operating grocery store in Levittown, NY. This working Artificial Intelligence lab, inside a 50K sq. ft store with 30K items & more than 100 associates, will allow us to test a broad range of applications such as improving inventory & on-shelf availability, enhancing both the associate & customer experience in our stores.
The Data Team Associate Product Manager will drive product vision, define roadmaps, & work closely with key stakeholders to build a data solution for our scaling products. You are responsible for bridging business & technology to drive innovation by owning the product lifecycle from concept through launch. You will be the main user & champion of the platform.
Significant responsibility, creativity, technical expertise & business sense are required.
In This Role, You Will
- Participate in improving enterprise standards on data governance process & policy as well as data quality metrics, business rules, & service levels to ensure that data is fit for purpose
- Support expanding awareness & education of business owners on enterprise data quality initiatives including: data governance, data policy, master data & metadata management, & data quality
- Analyze data to provide actionable insights
- Communicate the benefits & champion the system throughout the organization
- Translate business strategies into product strategies, roadmaps, & product specifications that deliver customer benefits, meet financial goals, & ensure that systems & processes are setup to scale for explosive growth
- Work with excellent engineering teams in a fast paced, agile development process
- 3+ years of experience in data stewardship, data management, database administration, data analytics, or related field
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, Data Architecture, or related field
- Proficiency with Excel & experience with SQL or other BI Tools
- Highly analytical; ability to take any unstructured information & structure it
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently & thrive in fast-paced, frequently changing environment
- Ability & strong willingness to use data to answer first time asked questions, & solve large-scale ambiguous problems
- Interpret meaningful themes from quantitative data
- Problem Solving & Root Cause Analysis
- Build constructive & effective relationships with a broad, diverse group of partners
- Work in an environment that values collaboration
- Communicate effectively, written & in presentation form as well as orally, with all levels of employees throughout the organization
Why you would love it here
At IRL we function like a startup & have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, & more! We offer unlimited vacation & a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, & clubs. Most importantly, we empower our industry-leading tech team to solve far future problems & focus on building magical shopping experience for the consumers. Join us!