Broadly is looking for an editor to join our online editorial team. You'll provide mentorship to junior members of our staff & contribute to our gender & identity-focused culture & lifestyle coverage. You will be expected to regularly write for the site, as well as commission articles from a diverse & inclusive group of staffers & freelancers. You'll be well versed in womens & LGBT issues & culture & have an insatiable drive for breaking stories & finding unique ways to talk about issues swirling around the internet on any given day. You should be able to think creatively about formats, always looking for the best way to tell any given story, & seek opportunities to collaborate with the multi-platform, multimedia & video teams.
Roles & responsibilities
- Deep understanding & consistent story selection & angles in your given beat.
- The editorial quality of the work they edit, including an assessment of style, standards, craft, & ability to develop unique coverage in their beat.
- Recruiting a diverse stable of talented freelancers & ensuring adherence to VICEs journalistic policies.
- How their coverage performs in terms of influence, engagement, & traffic.
- Ability to be flexible in formats, & a deep understanding of what our audience finds most useful.
- Participation in brainstorming sessions & other creative processes.
- Ability to work effectively with a positive attitude in a team setting.
- 4+ years experience as an editor at a notable publication or high-volume website covering culture, pop culture, and/or entertainment
- Knowledge of the current global media environment & the VICE brand
- Ability to multitask & perform well in dynamic environments
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Experience with all social media platforms, CMS, & Photoshop
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture. We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable state or local laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes & is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.